7 Wonders (board game)
Kenner game of 2011 German Games Award 2011 inter alia,
7 Wonders is a board game from the type of building game with strong elements of a card game by Antoine Bauza, published at Repos Production 2010. The game for three to seven players, with a special rule for two players, ages 10 and was honored in 2011 as the first time conferred Kenner game of the year as part of the game of the year games price and received in the same year the German game prize. Internationally, there was with the Prix du Jury of the French Spielepreis As d' Or - awarded Jeu de l' Année, was awarded the International Gamers Award in the category strategy game with more than two people and stood on the nomination list of the Dutch Game Award Nederlandse Spellenprijs.
Subject and equipment
Topic of 7 Wonders is the construction of the Seven Wonders, each player builds three age an ancient city with one of the wonders of the world. The game thrives on constant exchange of game options in the form of cards and each player's interaction with its two immediate neighbors. The trains all players of a round will take place simultaneously so that players do not have to wait to have their turn and a game lasts only 30 minutes according to the publisher, or about 40 minutes, according to the jury of the game of the year.
The seven cities are represented by large-scale maps on which to start a is specified by seven commodities it produces. In addition, the price and yield of the three stages are shown, with those of the respective player can build his wonder of the world. Each card has two sides (A and B) on which prices vary and yield.
All moves will find on cards instead, symbolizing the buildings and each player interprets to his city. Individual ratings and coins are represented by cardboard tiles.
The graphics of Miguel Coimbra puts on moody, often dramatic drawings with rich colors and clear icons.
Each of the three age has six rounds in which each player depending on a building built his city. Structures function as factories that produce commodities, trading facilities, through which the exchange of commodities between players is facilitated science buildings, which in one of three divisions or balance are valuable depending on the concentration, military facilities and prestige of two types, either directly or indirectly victory points provide.
The maps of every age are mixed separately and each player is dealt 7 cards face down them. Each player chooses one of his seven cards and places them face down in front of him, he gives the remaining cards face down to his neighbors. This switch maps in phases 1 and 3 in a clockwise direction, in phase 2, however, so that a player does not always interacts only with the same neighbors.
When all players have chosen a card, reveal it and can build the building, if they are either the necessary raw materials available, or they can purchase them from their neighbors. The settlement of the acquisition is not in the game closer pronounced when one of the neighbors of the player produces a needed commodity, the player pays the same price for all the raw materials to the producer and must then have the raw materials in this round. An approval of the losing player is not required, any source of raw materials can be used simultaneously by the players themselves and two neighbors. Already scale buildings can reduce by as indicated on the card features the price of raw materials in later buildings or omit. Alternatively, a player can build a building step of his wonder of the world. By investing the resources given to his city map for this step and pushes any card turned over half under the city map. As far as buildings have features that take effect immediately, they are then evaluated. This relates primarily to income in cash. As another option, you can discard the card face down and get money for it.
In the following rounds procedure is analogous with the cards received from the neighbors. The properties of the newly created building can be used immediately. Construction progress of the wonders of the world may also have features for future rounds and age. If the player has only two cards in hand, they build on one and throw the last from. It follows as a conclusion of the age a conflict classification, in which each player only compares its military strength with its neighbors. The direct comparison provides summary platelets count in the final standings, where victories are valuable in the progress of the phases without defeats result in a higher disadvantage.
The game ends after the 3rd age. For each player all rating areas are calculated and added together. This results in a grand total of victory points and the final scoring.
Target group and gameplay
The new price of a connoisseur Game of the Year within the Game of the Year award is designed to enhance the alignment of the Game Award in complex games for experienced players. While the game of the year is always a family game, which is also available for younger children, the expert game aimed at " people who are already trained in the use of games. " The review praises it for the simultaneous activity of all players and the " positive game experience "when " walk almost every minute cards in his play. "It works " in all sorts of occupations wonderful "and" this varied game [ has ] high replay appeal. "
7 Wonders requires the player to engage intellectually in the needs of an ancient city. First, the supply of the four classical raw wood, clay, stone and ore must be secured, soon added paper, glass and textiles. Raw materials can produce a city even if the player is dealt cards with the appropriate manufacturers on your hand and it can interpret. Or he buys it from its neighbors, with infrastructure designed maps of trade can affect the prices for the buyer advantageous.
Beyond the raw materials there are a large number of options between which a player can choose depending on the cards in hand and that of the neighbors strategy. Money supply at the end of the game, trading infrastructure, Scientific institutions in three different divisions, military success, prestige, including the wonder of the world and bring guilds directly or indirectly victory points and therefore represent possible specializations dar.
- 2010: Tric Trac d'Or
- 2010: Swiss Gamers Award
- 2011: Kenner Game of the Year
- 2011: German game prize: 1st place
- 2011: As d' Or - Jeu de l' Année, Prix du Jury
- 2011: Game of the Year - Games Hit with friends
- 2011: International Gamers Award General Strategy, multi-player category: Winner
- 2011: À la carte card game Price: 1st place
- 2011: Dutch Games Price: nominated
- 2012: MinD Games prize of the Association Mensa in Germany
- 7 Wonders Leaders leads as an additional element per player a four prominent heads of state and military leaders of the ancient world. Furthermore, another wonder of the world map located at the Roman Colosseum and new guild cards. The Leader cards are distributed in an additional recruitment period before every age and go immediately or at the end of the game benefits.
- 7 Wonders Cities is the second official expansion for the main game. With this significantly more interactions between the individual players are enabled, which are funded primarily by the new black city maps. Cities come with two new " world wonders ", new Leaders cards and guilds added. Also, the team and the game mode to eight players is made possible by this.
- As an advertising measure the publisher offered an eighth wonder of the world map, which introduced the Belgian Manneken Pis as an additional board.
- Promotional materials, the publisher used an additional Leaders card with the motif of Stevie Wonder.
- Catan: 2011 was the island of Catan launched by the publisher to celebrate the awarding of the connoisseur Game of the Year from the game The Settlers of Catan as an additional World Wonder board and on the international game fair 2011 in Essen at the booth of the cosmos and reproductions of production for a donation to " Action Germany helps " made .
- As a new leader card Louis Armstrong in early 2012 was distributed as Werbematrial days.
- 2012 appeared the Leader Card Esteban. On it the son of Antoine Bauza is shown, which was born during the development of the Cities expansion. It was even distributed only by Bauza at fairs, which he attended.
- 4 additional wonder of the world including the 2013 published " Wonder Pack". The new wonders of the world are The Great Wall, Abu Simbel, Stonehenge and a revised version of Manneken Pis
Use in Championships
- In October 2011, it was one of the four games that was played on the European board game championship.
- 2012 in the regional preliminary rounds for the German team championship in the board game.