History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
- September 70: The Roman army commander and later to become Emperor Titus sells, during the suppression of the Jewish revolt, the Jews from Jerusalem and destroyed the Herodian Temple, only the Western Wall remains.
- With the stolen gold treasure from the temple of Jerusalem, the construction of the Colosseum is financed.
- 70: suppression of a revolt of the Celtic- Germanic Treverians against the Romans ( Moselle ).
- 70: Batavians beat during their revolt, the Romans at the Castle Bonn and destroy the legion camp Vetera.
- April 15, 73: The Jews defend to the last man, the mountain fortress of Masada near the Dead Sea against the Romans.
- June 24 79: Titus Roman Emperor.
- 75: The last known cuneiform inscription, an astronomical table is written.