History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Dragon丙辰( at the beginning of the year wood rabbit乙卯)
Era of Diocletian: 432/433 ( year November )
Syria: 1027/28 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- After the Neustrian house Meier Raganfrid and the Merovingian king Chilperic II pulled against the house austrischen Meier, Charles Martel and the area devastated by Cologne, Charles Martel manages a counter-offensive: he defeated his rivals in the battle of Amblève.
- Aethelbald succeeds Ceolred as king of Mercia.
- Osred I, King of Northumbria, falls in battle against the Picts. Successor will Cenred.
- To 716: Faramundus becomes bishop of Cologne
- Kutluq bilge Kül Khan becomes ruler of the Second Empire of Göktürks. He initiates a policy of expansion of his empire.
The Anglo-Saxon missionary Wynfreth undertakes a first mission trip to the Frisians. However, the missionary founders on the frieze Duke Radbod, a heathen and enemies of the Franks, who has just recaptured the southwest Friesland of these. So versa Wynfreth, later known as St. Boniface, in the fall after Nursling back.
- Sufyan ath - Thawri, Islamic scholar († 778 )
- Abd al- Aziz ibn Musa, governor of the Umayyad Empire in Al- Andalus
- Æthelred, king of Mercia
- Ceolred, King of Mercia
- Osred I, King of Northumbria (* 696 )