History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth horse戊午( at the beginning of the year Fire Snake丁巳)
Era of Diocletian: 434/435 ( year November )
Syria: 1029/30 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
Islamic expansion / Reconquista
- Victory of the Austrasian mayor of the palace, Charles Martel over Neustria at Soissons.
- Eudo of Aquitaine, who had been asked by Chilperic II, to assist him in the fight against Charles Martel, hands him over to Charles Martel, and receives from this inheritance as Duke of Aquitaine.
- Osric becomes King of Northumbria, replacing Cenred from.
- Synod of Dowin, first-time church official mention of Paulikianerbewegung.
- Wilfrid solves John of Beverley, who retreats to the monastery, as Bishop of York from; he strives for the time being in vain, the rise in rank as archbishop.
- In a Japanese government document Sushi is mentioned for the first time.
Nature and Environment
- June 3: Total solar eclipse in Spain, Tunisia and Egypt.
- Koken, Japanese Empress († 770)
- Constantine V, Byzantine Emperor († 775)
- Ōtomo no Yakamochi, Japanese poet of the Nara period († 785)
- MARCH 27: Rupert, the first bishop of Salzburg (c. 650)
- June 30th: Erentrudis of Salzburg, a Benedictine nun, saint (c. 650)
- Cenred, King of Northumbria