History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Monkey庚申(at the beginning of Earth Sheep己未)
Era of Diocletian: 436/437 ( year November )
Syria: 1031/32 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Yazid II is the ninth Caliph of the Umayyad.
- Construction of the castle in Alsace Eguisheim.
Religion and Culture
- 720: Sigibaud, Bishop of Metz, built the monastery of Saint- Avold.
- 720: Construction of the Cathedral of Glastonbury.
- Completion of the Japanese chronicle Nihon Shoki.
- Odilia, Alsatian Duke 's daughter, patron saint of the blind (* 660 )
- Umar Ibn Abd al - Aziz, the Umayyad caliph (* 681 )
- Tariq ibn Ziyad, the Arab general who conquered the Visigothic kingdom (* 670 )
- Ye Fashan, Chinese miracle worker and exorcist
- September 01, 720 or 723: Giles of St. Gilles, abbot in St.Gilles / Provence, first aid (c. 640)