History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Fire Tiger丙寅( at the beginning of the year Wood Buffalo乙丑)
Era of Diocletian: 502/503 ( year November )
Syria: 1097/98 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Haaroon ar - Rashid plunges his brother al - Hādī and is the fifth Abbasid Caliph. The appointment of Barmacides in the vizier official the Persertum is strengthened.
- King Dhruva, ruler of the Rashtrakuta dynasty in Central India, defeated Vatsaraja, King of the Pratihara dynasty, whose expansion is stopped it.
- Is Beorhtric after the death Cynewulfs new king of Wessex, although Egbert throne claims represents.
- Hardeners, Bebra, Donndorf, Dormettingen, Dunningen, Gebesee, Hechingen, Herzfeld, Knielingen, Kölleda, Merzhausen, Nagold, Nieder-Roden, Oberbösa, Schwebda, Treysa, Weil am Rhein and Wiehe are first mentioned.
- Idris ibn Abdallah followed a Shia and a descendant of the Caliph Ali by the Abbasids and fled to the Maghreb, where two years later he founded the rule of Idrisids.
- In Old Ladoga, the use of Arabic coins is first detectable.
- 786: King Offa of Mercia into his kingdom the penny as a silver coin.
Religion, Science and Culture
- The choir diocese Büraburg is dissolved.
- Waldo is abbot of the monastery of Reichenau. He performs here a grammar school.
Nature and Environment
- April 3: In Cyrenaica, Syria and Mesopotamia, a total solar eclipse can be observed.
- Junna, Japanese Emperor († 840)
- 786: Al- Ma'mun, Abbasid Caliph († 833 )
- Al -Hadi, Abbasid Caliph (* 766 )
- Cynewulf, King of Wessex