History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Snake己巳( at the beginning of the year Earth Dragon龙 辰)
Era of Diocletian: 505/506 ( year November )
Syria: 1100/ 01 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Charlemagne adopt the Kapitular Admonitio generalis, a reform program for the Frankish Empire and one of the most famous capitularies at all.
- Charlemagne leads a campaign against the first Slavic Wilzen beyond the Elbe. Here, the Frankish army arrives to the Peene.
- Pippin, son of Charlemagne, subjects of the Mark Friuli from Istria. Since this region is also the sphere of influence of Byzantium, it gradually comes to an estrangement between the Frankish Empire and Byzantium.
- Idris I. erected in Morocco the independent rule of the Idrisids that can defend the independence of the Abbasid Caliphate.
- Fez ( " Medinat Fas " ) shall be established by Idris I as a military camp.
- Idris I. triumphs over the Banu Ifran and expands his domain.
- In Egypt there is unrest directed against the Caliphate.
- First mention of Bietigheim, Steinbach (Taunus ), and Taenikon.
- The Synod of Aachen decides on a multiplication of monastic and cathedral schools and the introduction of tests at ordinations.
- The Holy Simpert is Bishop of Neuburg.
- Bishop Willehad inaugurates the first Bremen Cathedral.
- After the death Willehads is Willerich Bishop of Bremen.
- 08 November: Willehad, missionary and first bishop of Bremen (c. 740)