History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood horse甲午( at the beginning of the year, water - snake癸巳)
Era of Diocletian: 530/531 ( year November )
Syria: 1125/26 ( the year in October )
Historic maps and views
Politics and World Affairs
- January 28: Emperor Louis the Pious succeeds his father Charles at the Great in the Frankish kingdom. This is buried in the so-called Proserpina sarcophagus in the Aachen Cathedral.
- January 28: After the death of Charlemagne, his grandson Lothar I. is Duke of Bavaria.
- APRIL 30: Khan Krum dies of a hemorrhage, his son is Omourtag Khan of the Bulgars.
Culture and Society
- The Dogenkastell, a Vorläuferbau the Doge's Palace in Venice is built after the transfer of Dogensitzes of Malamocco by Rivo Alto.
- The Japanese Shinsen Shōjiroku is compiled.
- Benedict of Aniane founded the imperial abbey Kornelimünster.
- The Benedictine Ellwangen is first mentioned in a charter of Emperor Louis the Pious on April 8.
- End 814: Second Byzantine Iconoclastic Controversy: Emperor Leo V goes back to the images in front of worshipers in his kingdom.
- April 6: An earthquake in the area of Xichang, China, around one hundred people died.
- JANUARY 28: Charlemagne, King of the Franks (* 742)
- FEBRUARY 18: Angilbert, chaplain, diplomat and poet (c. 750 )
- April 13: Krum, the Bulgarian Khan
- Waldo of Reichenau, Reichsabt and house bishop of the Abbey of St Denis
- Werner I., prefect of the eastern country (c. 760)