History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal horse庚午(at the beginning of Earth Snake己巳)
Era of Diocletian: 566/567 ( year November )
Syria: 1161/62 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- To 850 Norwegian / Faroese Naddoddur discovered by accident a country that he renamed "Snow Country ". Today it is called Iceland ( Eisland ).
- The Zürichgau is separated from the Thurgau.
- The city of Burgos is founded.
- First mention of Eubigheim, Oberissigheim, Lumbrein, Lower Issig home and nine parishes.
- 850: Thanjavur is the capital of the Chola Empire.
- Gunthar is Archbishop of Cologne.
- Altfried, Bishop of Hildesheim, founded a convent on the area of today's food.
- Famine in the eastern kingdom.
- March 25: Seiwa, Japanese Emperor († 880 )
- Adelaide of Friuli, wife of the West Frankish king Ludwig II († 901)
- You Guangting, Chinese Daoist and court scholar († 933 )
- February 01: Ramiro I, King of Asturias (c. 790)
- March 21: Nimmyō, Japanese Emperor (* 810)
- April 18: Perfectus, Martyrs of Córdoba
- November 29: Walterich, founder and first abbot of the Benedictine monastery Murrhardt
- David, Bishop of Lausanne
- Huangbo Xiyun, Chinese Chan master
- Li Deyu, Chinese politician (* 787)
- William of Septimania, Count of Barcelona and Roses ( * 826 )
- 850: Amalarius of Metz, Archbishop of Trier (c. 775)