History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Rat庚子(at the beginning of Earth Pig己亥)
Era of Diocletian: 596/597 ( year November )
Syria: 1191/92 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Frankish Empire division: The Treaty of Ribemont the East Frankish King Ludwig III is replaced. the western half Lotharingiens.
- September 22: After Karl 's death receives his brother Louis III. the Younger, who ruled in Franconia, Saxony, Thuringia and half of Lorraine, also Bavaria, Karl 's son Arnulf of Carinthia, the Margraviate of Carinthia.
- January 25: The counting for Roluos group temple of Preah Ko in present-day Cambodia is inaugurated.
- Pope John VIII allows the Slavonic language in the liturgy.
- Abu -Bakr Muhammad ben Yahya as- Suli, Master in Shatranj († 946 )
- Richer of Liege, Bishop († 945)
- Fujiwara no Tadahira, Japanese Hofadliger and regent under Emperor Suzaku († 949)
- 880: Conrad I, King of Ostfrankenreichs († 918)
- 880: Beatrix of Vermandois, West Frankish queen and ancestress of the Kapetingerdynastie ( † about 905)
- February 02: Brun, Duke of Saxony (* 830/840 )
- February 02: Mark Ward of Hildesheim, Bishop of Hildesheim
- February 02: Theodoric of Minden, Bishop of Minden
- 06 July: Otgar, Prince Bishop of Eichstätt
- 09 July: Ariwara no Narihira, Japanese waka poet (* 825 )
- September 22: Karl Mann, East Frankish King and King of Italy (c. 830)
- Ansgard of Burgundy, Queen West Frankish (* 826 )
- Avo, Abbot of Corvey
- Burgred, King of Mercia
- Fatima al - Fihri, founder of the University in Fes