History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Wood Monkey甲申( at the beginning of the year, water - sheep癸未)
Era of Diocletian: 640/641 ( year November )
Syria: 1235/36 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Emir Abd ar -Rahman III. conquered Cordoba and destroyed Pamplona, the capital of the Kingdom of Navarre.
- King Henry I is beaten by the Hungarians, but can hold its own at the castle Bichni ( Püchau ) at Wurzen. He concludes in the Palatinate Werla a nine -year truce against payment of tribute. Thus secured, it begins in Saxony and Thuringia with the construction of a Cavalry and the development of refuges.
- Duke Burchard II of Swabia rises to the metropolis Zurich and mint in his duchy.
- Archbishop Hermann I of Cologne dies. On him Wichfrid follows.
- King Rudolf I of West Franks defends laboriously from attacks by the Normans, but need them land gains concede.
- Emperor Berengar I, King of Italy, is murdered in Verona. This is his rival Rudolf II of Burgundy sole ruler in Italy.
- Ballwil, Bettwil, Büttikon, Dulliken, Eschenbach LU, Hilfikon, high village, Lenzburg, Mägenwil, Muri, Niederwil and Oftringen are first mentioned.
- Prince Tomislav of Croatia unites the tribes of Croatia and Dalmatia, and subjecting the Byzantine coastal cities. He proclaimed himself king and is recognized by Pope John X.. At the Synod of Spalato / Split he depicts the ancient bishopric of Nin the Archdiocese of Split.
- Tsar Simeon I of Bulgaria subjecting the Raizen / Serbs. When he also attacks the Croats, he is repulsed and accepted a peace that Pope John X gives.
- Rudolf II grants Venice the right to strike their own coins.
- 924: John Tzimiskes, Byzantine Emperor
- April 7: Emperor Berengar I, Emperor and King of Italy (c. 840)
- July 17: Edward the Elder, King of England (c. 871 )
- August 1: Æthelweard, King of England (* 904)
- Herman I, Archbishop of Cologne (c. 870)
- Ordoño II, King of the medieval kingdoms of León and Galicia