History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Fire Pig丁亥( at the beginning of the year Fire Dog丙戌)
Era of Diocletian: 643/644 ( year November )
Syria: 1238/39 ( year October )
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- King Æthelstan can be recognized by other kings as overlords, which is considered the founding of the Kingdom of England in Eamont Bridge.
- King Henry I, Count Heribert II draws against of Vermandois. He freed from its captivity ex- King Charles III. and can be confirmed as a German duchy of Lorraine this.
- In Normandy, followed by Duke Rollo his son William Longsword.
Southern Europe and North Africa
- Islam in Italy: The guided by the Slavs Sabir al - Fata Saracens finally destroyed the Greco- Roman city of Tarentum.
- Conquest of Ceuta by the Emir Abd ar -Rahman III. of Córdoba.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Duke Arnulf I the evil of Bavaria reaffirmed his peace with the Hungarians, but them unhindered passage must grant.
- In Bulgaria, Tsar Simeon I succeeds his underage son Peter I under regency of his uncle Georgi Sursuvul. This concludes with the Byzantium a 50 -year-old peace and ward be married to the Princess Maria Lakapena.
- Prince Časlav Klonimirović united after the death of Tsar Simeon I the Serbian tribes under his rule.
- First documentary mention of Nordhausen in Thuringia and Tann in Lower Bavaria and Großlob.
- Archbishop of Mainz Herigar dies. On him Hildebert, previously Abbot of Fulda follows.
- In the Realm of the Cluniac turn against the secularization of the ostentatious imperial monasteries.
- In the Byzantine Empire breaks out a severe famine.
- March 21: Song Taizu, Chinese emperor and founder of the Song Dynasty ( † 976 )
More death unknown
- Acfred, Duke of Aquitaine and Count of Auvergne
- Boso, Bishop of Lausanne
- Miró the Younger, Count of Cerdanya, Conflent and Besalu