History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Water Dragon壬辰( at the beginning of the year metal rabbit辛卯)
Era of Diocletian: 648/649 ( year November )
Syria: 1243/44 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Pietro II Candiano is Doge of Venice.
- The Hungarians penetrate into what is now Lower Saxony.
- King Henry I and his Erzkaplan Archbishop of Mainz Hildebert keep on June 1 in Erfurt an imperial synod from. Make sure the followers of Saxony, Franconia and Swabia and shortly afterwards in Dingolfingen also of Bavaria against the Hungarians.
- Archbishop Hugo of Reims, twelve year-old son of the Count of Vermandois, is deposed by King Rudolf I of West Franks. On him the monk Artold follows.
- Senatrix Marozia of Rome calls King Hugo I of Italy itself. She marries him and wants him out of her son, Pope John XI. be crowned emperor.
- Marquis Alberic of Camerino, son Marozia, sells King Hugo I of Rome, his mother throws in the dungeon and leaves them there to perish. He rises to the prince of Rome.
- Islam in Italy: Genoa is invaded by the Saracens. Many residents are trafficked into slavery.
- Caliph Abd al-Rahman III. of Córdoba conquered Toledo from the Hafsuniden after two years of siege.
- In Normandy, the Abbey of Fécamp, once destroyed by the Normans, rebuilt by them.
- The monastery world castle is repopulated as proprietary monastery of the diocese of Regensburg from the monastery of Saint Emmeram from.