History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Fire Rooster丁酉( at the beginning of the year Fire Monkey丙申)
Era of Diocletian: 653/654 ( year November )
Syria: 1248/49 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- September 21: King Otto I. founded in Magdeburg, the Benedictine monastery of St. Mauritius ( Moritz monastery). He suggests an incidence of Hungary back in Franconia.
- Thankmar, older half- brother of King Otto I., to reset feels and presents himself at the head of a revolt in Franconia and Lorraine.
- Giselbert Duke of Lorraine rises against King Otto I and pulls the Counts of Verdun, Cambrai and Holland on his side.
- Margrave Hermann Billung of Nordelbien pulls on behalf of King Otto I. against the insurgent Thankmar of Saxony.
- Margrave Gero receives from King Otto I the Saxon Ostmark.
- King Hugo I of Italy married in December in Colombier on Lake Geneva in third marriage Bertha of Burgundy, born of Swabia, widow of Rudolf II, and betrothed his son Lothar with her six year old daughter Adelheid.
- King Æthelstan of Wessex and his brother Edmund I. defeat with their troops a united army of Danes, Irish and Scots at Bruna Pittsburgh.
- The city Pfullingen is first mentioned.
- Duan Siping founds the Kingdom of Dali.
- Li Houzhu, Chinese poet and the last king of the south Tang Empire († 978)
- As- Sulami, Persian and Islamic Sufi († 1021)
- MAY 31: Hildebert, Archbishop of Mainz
- 09 June: Wolfram von Freising, Bishop of Freising
- David II, King of Georgia ( * before 897 )