History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Earth Dog戊戌( at the beginning of the year Fire Rooster丁酉)
Era of Diocletian: 654/655 ( year November )
Syria: 1249/50 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- King Otto I. ends with King Louis IV of West Francia a friendship treaty to curb the insurgency in Franconia and Lorraine.
- Thankmar, rebellious half-brother of King Otto I., surrendered on July 28 on the Eresburg the Margrave Hermann Billung and slain by the men in the castle chapel.
- Henry of Saxony, younger brother of King Otto I., married Judith of Bavaria, sister of the Duke Eberhard I. He aspires to the crown and sympathizes with the insurgents.
- Duke Eberhard of Franconia, brother of former King Conrad I of the East Franks to the rebellion of the Duke of Lorraine Giselbert I. connects.
- Duke Eberhard of Bavaria is deposed and banished by King Otto I.. He is followed by his uncle Berthold, who waived the church sovereignty in favor of the Empire.
- King Conrad III. of Burgundy feels threatened by King Hugh I of Italy and traveled to the protection of King Otto I.
- Romanos II, Byzantine Emperor
- JULY 28: Thankmar, brother of King Otto I. (* 900/906 )
- Ise, Japanese poet and concubine (c. 875 )