History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Earth- pig己亥(at the beginning of earth - dog戊戌)
Era of Diocletian: 655/656 ( year November )
Syria: 1250/51 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- King Otto I beats an army of insurgents under his brother Henry in March at Xanten. After the collapse of the uprising, he draws the duchies of Franconia and Lorraine.
- July 14: The ruling in Rome Prince Alberic II appointed a pope who is completely under his influence, one day after the death of Leo VII with Stephan VIII.
- October 2: Duke Giselbert of Lorraine and Duke Eberhard of Franconia, the leader of the great revolt against King Otto I lose to the Conradine African followers of Otto I. Konrad Kurzbold and Udo in Andernach battle and his life.
- Henry of Saxony, brother of Otto I, fled after the defeats of Xanten and Andernach to West Franks. He submits to his brother and is pardoned.
- Archbishop Frederick of Mainz, Erzkaplan wants to mediate between the rebels and King Otto I, but wants the unconditional submission. Then he leaves his entourage and falls from grace.
West Frankish Empire
- King Louis IV of West Franks marries Gerberga of Lorraine, sister of King Otto I and widow of Duke Giselberts I., and lays claim to Lorraine.
- Duke Hugh the Great breaks with his former protege King Louis IV He allies himself with King Otto I and, together with the Count of Vermandois, Flanders and Rouen (Normandy) a strong opposition.
- Caliph Abd al-Rahman III. performs a " campaign of omnipotence " against the kingdoms of Leon and Navarre, but is defeated at Simancas and in retreat at Alhandega. Then he lets his commander crucified.
- King Ramiro II of Leon kicks the Caliph of Córdoba and conquered Madrid.
- Vietnam becomes independent under the name of Dai Co Viet China.