93rd Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)
The 93rd Infantry Division was from 1939 to 1945 a military major unit of the Wehrmacht.
The 93rd Infantry Division was set up on 17 September 1939 on the military training area Jiiterbog in Military District III as a division of the fifth shaft and provided with Czech equipment. First, the Division consisted of two regiments, one of which had emerged from the SA -Standarte Feldherrenhalle. Subsequently, the 270th Infantry Regiment was added.
First subordinated to the 1st Army in the Saar Palatinate, the Division of mid-1940 was on leave until February 1941. Used in the spring of 1941, again in France, was the 93rd Infantry Division after the start of Operation Barbarossa in northern Russia and was involved until April 1942 at the Leningrad blockade.
1943 Grenadier Regiment 271 " Feldherrenhalle " used to form the Panzer Grenadier Division Feldherrenhalle; the 93rd Infantry Division was double-tracked to regroup in September 1943. In September 1943, the first large-scale troop testing of the MP 43, the later assault rifle 44 was in the unit. After withdrawal movements through Livonia, Courland and the Sambia the remainder of the division came in April 1945 in the Gulf of Gdansk on the Hel Peninsula in Soviet captivity.
- Artur Axmann ( born February 18, 1913 in Hagen / Westphalia, . † 24 October 1996 in Berlin) was used in the ID 93 and was Reich Youth Leader from 1940 to 1945.