History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Metal Ox辛丑( at the beginning of the year metal rat庚子)
Era of Diocletian: 657/658 ( year November )
Syria: 1252/53 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Henry I, Duke of Lorraine, plans the murder of his brother King Otto I. He is betrayed and imprisoned in Ingelheim. His accomplices are beheaded. He is pardoned again through intercession of his mother Matilda, but loses Lorraine.
- Count Otto von Verdun is invested with the Duchy of Lorraine
- King Hugo I of Italy unsuccessfully besieged the city of Rome.
- Margrave Berengar of Ivrea, who feels threatened by King Hugh I, flees to Duke Hermann I of Swabia and asks for help.
- Great Prince Igor of Kiev attacked with a fleet Konstantin Opel, but fails at the Greek fire of the defenders.
- Harshavarman II, after the death of his father Jayavarman IV King of the Khmer Empire of Angkor.
- The place Brenig is first mentioned.
- Lothar, King of France 954-986 († 986 )
- Hugh Capet, King of France 987-996 and Duke of Franzien († 996 )