History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
◄ | 9th Century | 10th Century | 11th Century | ► ◄ | 920s | 930s | 940er | 950 | 960s | 970s | 980s | ► ◄ ◄ | ◄ | 952 | 953 | 954 | 955 | 956 | 957 | 958 | 959 | 960 | ► | ► ►
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Fire Dragon丙辰( at the beginning of the year wood rabbit乙卯)
Era of Diocletian: 672/673 ( year November )
Syria: 1267/68 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- April: After the death of his father- Giselbert the twelve -year-old Otto is formally Duke of Burgundy. In the same year, however, his father died and leaves him without a guardian. This weakness makes use of the West Frankish King Lothar and marches in the Duchy.
- Sancho I followed his late half-brother Ordoño III. as King of León.
- Henry I is Archbishop of Trier, after Ruotbert died on May 19.
- Bermudo II King of Galicia and León ( † 999)
- To 956: Adalbert of Prague, evangeliser in Hungary and Prussia ( † 997)
- To 956: Basil II, Emperor of the Byzantine Empire († 1025)
- Ordoño III. , King of León ( * 926 )