95th Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)
The 95th Infantry Division (ID) was a military major unit of the Wehrmacht.
Areas of application
- West Wall: September 1939 to May 1940
- France: From May to December 1940
- Germany: December 1940-January 1941
- Poland: From January to July 1941
- Eastern front, southern sector: July 1941 to December 1942
- Eastern Front, Central Section: December 1942 to June 1944
The division was established in 1939 as part of the fifth wave formation in the military districts IX and VI on the military training areas wild spots and mutton castle. The box these have been achieved only in November 1940, before it was used to protect the border on the West Wall. In June 1940, she penetrated the Maginot Line in Merzig. In 1941, she practiced a function as an occupation force in France. In July 1941 she was transferred to the Eastern Front and took part in the Battle of Kiev. In October 1941, they fought at Bryansk and Kursk. In 1942 she was involved in heavy fighting at Kursk, Voronezh and Gschatzk and was in the autumn in the front arc of Rzhev in use. 1943 engaged the Red Army Division in defensive battles at Elnya, later in Bryansk, Gomel and east of Bobruisk. During the winter of 1943/1944, the division had to be restructured. As a result, it was renamed as a new kind Division 44. In the spring of 1944, they fought again in Bobruisk was destroyed by them in June 1944 in Vitebsk. From the battle order of the 3rd Panzer Army, the division had to be taken out and transferred to the Corps Detachment H. On September 10, 1944, she was ready for action again and was placed under the remains of the defeated Army Group Center in East Prussia. In the winter of 1944 she was still struggling with Tauroggen and the Memel, until they surrendered in February 1945 at pillau and Hela.
A total of 17 members of the division were awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and 71 people with the German Cross in Gold. Knight's Cross