History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Metal Monkey庚申(at the beginning of Earth Sheep己未)
Era of Diocletian: 676/677 ( year November )
Syria: 1271/72 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- FEBRUARY 4: In Imperial China comes through a coup d'etat of General Field Marshal Song Taizu to power and founded the Song Dynasty. The time of the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms ends.
- November 8: In the Battle of Andrassos in the Taurus Mountains Leo Phokas the Younger defeated the Byzantine army 's troops had invaded Asia Minor hamdanidischen Emirate of Aleppo under the Emir Sayf al - Dawla in his retreat. Although Sayf al - Dawla escapes scarce, but his army is destroyed. The Power of Hamdanids is thus completely broken.
- Sancho I. distributes Ordoño IV and after two years again King of León.
- 960: Mieszko I of Poland Duke is.
- First mention of Bohlsbach, Bonaduz, Drubeck and Illingen.
- The Portuguese cities Amares and Sernancelhe are first mentioned.
- The Danish king Harald Bluetooth was baptized. The Danes are Christians.
- Dedo I, Count of Wettin, († 1009)
- Gershom ben Judah in Mainz, possibly in Metz, † 1028 or 1040, Jewish legal scholar " Light of the Exile "
- Godehard of Hildesheim ( " St. Gotthard " ), abbot and bishop († 1038 )
- Øssur Havgrímsson († 983 )
- Turid Torkilsdóttir, figure of Faroese ( † before 1047)
- Vladimir I, Prince of Kiev, († 1015)
- To 960: Theophano, Byzantine Princess and Empress of the Holy Roman Empire († 991 )
- Fujiwara no Morosuke, Japanese nobleman