History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Fire Hare丁卯( at the beginning of the year Fire Tiger丙寅)
Era of Diocletian: 683/684 ( year November )
Syria: 1278/79 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Reizei is Tennō of Japan.
- December 25: Otto II is crowned as co-emperor in the empire.
- Boleslav II becomes King of Bohemia.
- Is Culen King of Scotland.
- Campaign of Kievan Rus' under Sviatoslav I. to 969 across the entire Balkan region. In Bulgaria Svetoslav occupies 80 cities on the Danube and settles to the Czar title of the Bulgarian ruler, who was demoted to a vassal of the Russian Grand Duke. Sviatoslav announced the planned relocation of its capital from Kiev to Preslav on the Danube, because there " the center of his empire would be ."
- Zeitz was first mentioned at the Synod of Ravenna.
- Pulheim was first mentioned as " Polhem " in a document that made exhibit the Archbishop of Cologne Anno II for which he founded the monastery of St. George.
- April 22: During the reign of Rajendravarman II in Khmer Kingdom of Angkor, the temple of Banteay Srei in honor of Lord Shiva is inaugurated.
- Bolesław I the Brave, Duke of Poland, Duke of Bohemia and the first King of Poland
- MAY 25: Murakami, 62 Tennō of Japan (* 926 )
- September 22: Wichmann II (c. 930)
- November 20: Abu l - Faraj ʿ Alī ibn al -Husayn al - Quraschī al -Isfahani, Arab historian, writer and poet (* 897 )
- Dubh, King of Scotland