History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Metal horse庚午(at the beginning of Earth Snake己巳)
Era of Diocletian: 686/687 ( year November )
Syria: 1281/82 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 Exact date of birth unknown
- 2.2 Born around 970
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
- 3.3 Died at 970
Politics and World Affairs
- February 22: Sancho II, after the death of his father I. García King of Navarre and Count of Aragón.
- The Byzantine Empire under commander Bardas Sclerosis defeated a coalition of Kievan Rus, Bulgars, Magyars and Pechenegs under the leadership of the Kiev Grand Prince Sviatoslav I in the Battle of Arkadiopolis.
- First mention of Coaña, Liggersdorf, Nohn and Graz.
Religion and science
- The Monastery of St. Georgen is founded.
- The Archbishop Gero of Cologne and his brother, Margrave Thietmar, founded the monastery Thank Champ de Mars.
- 970: Foundation of Al -Azhar University ( Mosque) in Cairo
Exact date of birth unknown
- Gaudentius, first Archbishop of Gniezno († 1006-1022 )
- Sitt al -Mulk: Fatimid Regent, sister of Caliph al -Hakim († 1023)
Born around 970
- Gebhard I, Lord of cross- ford ( † around 1017 )
- Gero, Margrave of Lausitz († 1015)
- Gotzelo I, Duke of Lower Lorraine († 1044 )
- Guido Pomposa, saint and abbot of the Benedictine monastery Pomposa († 1046 )
- Heimerad, German priest and hermit († 1019)
- Heribert of Cologne, Archbishop of Cologne, Chancellor of Germany and Italy ( † 1021)
- Leif Eriksson, Norwegian explorer († 1020 )
- Prokop, Czech saint and priest († 1053 )
- Rudolf III. , Rudolf III. of Burgundy ( † 1032)
- Sergius IV, Pope († 1012)
- Werigand, Count of Friuli and Istria ( † around 1051 )
- Wilfried II, Count of Cerdanya († 1050)
More death unknown
- Fernán González, the first independent count of Castile (* 932)
- Fujiwara no Saneyori, Regent for the Japanese Emperor Reizei and En'yū (* 900)
- García I, King of Navarre (c. 919)
- Harold II, King of Norway