History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Metal sheep辛未( at the beginning of the year metal horse庚午)
Era of Diocletian: 687/688 ( year November )
Syria: 1282/83 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Kenneth II is the successor of the late King Culen, who has been in Lothian, murdered by Riderch, the sub- king of Strathclyde, Scotland's throne. Culen is the fourth in a row murdered Scottish king.
- Siege of Dorostolon: The Rus under Svyatoslav I. suffer in the recently conquered by them eastern part of Bulgaria several defeats against the Byzantines under Emperor John Tzimiskes. In a peace treaty, they must cede to Bulgaria Byzantium and undertake to return to the Kievan Rus. The Byzantine chronicler Leo the Deacon then writes his famous portrait of Svyatoslav down ( ' blond, blue-eyed, mustache, shaved hair up to two locks of hair ').
- Mathilde, granddaughter of Emperor Otto I., was Abbess of Essen. With it, the heyday of the Essen pin begins.
- Oliba de Besalu, Count of Berga and bishop of Vic († 1046 )
- APRIL 30: Adalbert II, Margrave of Ivrea (* 936 )
- 27-28. October Ebrachar, Bishop of Liège
- Culen, King of Scotland
- Ziri ibn Manad, founder of Ziridendynastie in the Maghreb