History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Water sheep癸未( at the beginning of the year Water Horse壬午)
Era of Diocletian: 699/700 ( year November )
Syria: 1294/95 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
- 29 June: Slavic uprising of 983: Dissatisfied Slavs invaded the bishopric Havel mountain. The thus beginning Slavs uprising blocked two centuries, the population east of the Elbe.
- Apply under the Christian Abodritenfürsten Mistewoi devastate Stormarn and Holstein and Hamburg burn down
- Diet of Verona, Otto II gives the Rheingau to the diocese of Mainz ( Verona donation)
- December 25: Otto III. is crowned in Aachen at the age of three years, as German king. The Archbishop of Cologne from 984 Warin and the Empress Theophano take over the guardianship of the immature king.
- Is Golaten under the name Gulada first mentioned.
- Peter Canepanova is elected Pope John XIV.
- Gebhard of Constance founded the monastery Peterhausen.
- 07 December: Otto II, Duke of Saxony and Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire (* 955 )
- Minamoto no Shitagō, Japanese waka poet (* 911)
- Styrbjörn the Strong lost 983 in the vicinity of Uppsala later battle and his life
- Øssur Havgrímsson