History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Wood Monkey甲申( at the beginning of the year, water - sheep癸未)
Era of Diocletian: 700/701 ( year November )
Syria: 1295/96 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
Holy Roman Empire
- Henry the Wrangler can be chosen as king and is supported by Duke Mieszko I of Poland, Duke Boreslaw II of Bohemia and King Lothar of France supported.
- June 29: At the Diet in Rara ( tube / Thuringia ) Heinrich passes of Bavaria ( the Brawler ), the already crowned king under age three years of Otto III. to Theophanu.
Kingdom of León
- Ramiro III. by Leon loses his throne to Bermudo II
- August 27: Tenno En'yū abdicates at age 25, Kazan becomes Emperor of Japan.
Science and Technology
- In China, the ship lock is invented by Qiao Weiyue, Deputy Commissioner for Transport in Huainan.
- As his opponent is dead Emperor Otto II in the previous year, the previous anti-pope Boniface VII returns to Rome, Pope John XIV can capture and imprison in the Castel Sant'Angelo, and appointed himself Pope. On August 20, John XIV will probably murdered.
- August 20: John XIV, Pope since 983
- Jordanes, first bishop of Poland
- Miró Bonfill, Count of Besalu, Bishop of Girona