Template: Infobox trunk road / Maintenance / FR -A
- Provence- Alpes- Côte d' Azur
The Autoroute A 8 (. Frz for highway) runs in Provence; it connects Aix -en- Provence with Menton and east of it with the Italian A 10 on the Riviera and is part of the network of motorway company Esterel -Côte d' Azur ( Escota ).
The A 8 begins at the junction of the A 7 in the west of Aix -en- Provence. It is section of the European Route 80, which runs from Portugal to Iran. In the departments of Bouches -du -Rhône, Var and Alpes- Maritimes connects the cities of Aix -en- Provence, Frejus, Saint -Raphael, Cannes, Antibes, Nice, Monaco and Menton before crossing the border to the A10 in Italy with the French and international road network. They crossed the mountains of the Massif de la Sainte -Baume and the Massif des Maures between Aix -en- Provence and Fréjus and the Esterel between Cannes and Saint- Raphaël. From this highway, you have a comprehensive view of the Mediterranean between Nice and Menton.
Expansion of state
- 2 × 3 lanes Coudoux ( branch of the A 7), in La Barque ( junction of A52 ) and then at Saint -Maximin- la -Sainte -Baume
- 2 × 3 lanes to Cagnes -sur -Mer
- 2 × 4 lanes of Cagnes -sur- Mer to Saint -Laurent -du -Var (exit in the city of Nice )
- 2 × 2 lanes between exits 50 ( Nice - Promenade des Anglais ) and 51 ( Nice -Saint -Augustin ).
- 2 × 2 or 3 lanes at the crossing of the Southern Alps foothills of Nice to the Italian border; on this route, there are 15 tunnels. The top speed is 110 km / h, 90 km / h in the tunnels ( 70 km / h for trucks ).