Seven -year old he began to ride in England, at age 17, he became master of Arabic.
At the World Equestrian Games 2010 in Lexington, he won the silver medal in singles.
In 2012, he won on Sultan at the Olympic Games in London with the Saudi team the bronze medal.
Earlier in his career he was trained by Peter Charles, since 2010 he and his teammates train at Stanny of Paesschen in Wisbecq.
Doping and illegal medication
In January 2006, his horse Quatro was tested positive for testosterone in Abu Dhabi, after which he was banned from six months January to June 2007.
End of May 2012 was Sharbatly, disabled retroactive to February 24, 2012 for eight months together with his compatriot Khalid al-' Aid, by the FEI. The reason was the discovery of prohibited medications during a doping sample of Sharbatlys horse Lobster, here are the substances phenylbutazone and oxyphenbutazone were detected. Both appealed the ruling to the CAS on, this Shortened the locks on two months for al-' Aid and Sharbatly. As justification lesser severity of the offense was led. The judgment has been variously criticized, including the International Jumping Riders Club represents the interests of jumpers working in international sporting events. This indicates that you have taken the CAS judgment surprise to note, because compared to similar incidents in earlier times would have been very severe penalties. The principle of equality of all riders should be ensured. It is also about the credibility of the CAS, at a moment when the FEI run a time-consuming clean- sport program.
Al Sharbatly is married and lives in Jeddah. He speaks English, German and French.
Horses ( excerpt)
- Sultan (* 2002), gray gelding, Sire: Irco Mena, mother father, Voltaire, Owner: Saudi Equestrian
- Seldana di Camp Alto ( * 1999), brown KWPN mare, Sire: Emilion, mother father: Alme Star, Owner: Saudi Equestrian
- No Time (* 1995), KWPN, chestnut gelding, Sire: ePilot, Owner: Abdullah al Sharbatly
Championships and World Cup
- Olympic games 2012, London: Sultan with 3rd place with the team
- 2010 Lexington: 8th place with the team and second place in the individual
- 2006 Aachen: 22nd place with the team and 102nd place in the individual
- 2007 Cairo: with No Time 1st place with the team and ninth place in the individual
- 2006, Doha: Hugo Gesmeray 1st place with the team and 25th place in the individual