Abramtsevo (Russian Абрамцево ) is a small Russian village in the Moscow Oblast near the town Khotkovo. It is known for its artists' colony.
1843 Located on the Worja estate was acquired by the writer Sergei Aksakow, the artist gathered in this place around. Among the artists who worked in this period in Abramtsevo include Gogol, Turgenev and Tjuttschew. To his true flowering came the settlement after they had acquired the art patron Savva Mamontov. He invited a liberal and democratic-minded painters, architects, actors, composers, singers and artists. This artists' colony formed a counterpoint to the St. Petersburg Academy, the new currents in art closed up against.
In the period from 1870 to 1985 created many buildings in the old Slavic style, still preserved and are a popular destination. The Banja " Teremok " and the fairytale house and the church according to designs by Viktor Vasnetsov originate from this period. Other artists who worked in this phase in Abramtsevo were Mikhail Vrubel, Ilya Repin, Vasily Polenov, Konstantin Korovin and Valentin Serov.
The main represented in Abramtsevo groups were the Peredvizhniki, the impressionists and representatives of expressive symbolism.
Note: Census data
Abramtsevo has a breakpoint at the 57th kilometer of the Trans -Siberian Railway.