Abzac is a commune in the Gironde department in the region of Aquitaine. It lies on the River Isle and its tributary the palace. The inhabitants call themselves " Abzacais " or " Abzacaises ".
A former local primary rule introduced in the 16th century, the Marshal of Saint -André. In the 18th century the rectory of the parish was named "little bishop's seat ."
In the year 1962 1452 inhabitants were counted; currently there are 1824 (as of 1 January 2011).
Abzac is a member of the Communauté de communes du Pays de Coutras.
- Château d' Abzac (17th century, private collection)
- Eglise St- Pierre ( 12th century, altered in the 19th century; bell tower from 1897 )
- Oil mill ( 1770)