- 3.1 Mayor
- 3.2 municipal
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 Structures
- 5.1 Sons and daughters of the town
The municipality oh mountain is composed of the parish villages Esseratsweiler and Siberatsweiler and the municipal districts Doberatsweiler, pitch Tens Weiler, Gunderatweiler, Baind, Bahlings, Buflings, Isigatweiler, Regnitz and other hamlets.
Within the municipal territory are currently the three wildlife sanctuaries " evil one ", " Hermann Weiher " and " Regnitzer pond " and the nature reserve " oh mountain " reported. (As of 1 February 2011)
As the first district of Pech Tens Weiler is mentioned in 839. Oh mountain was first mentioned in documents in 1194. In the 12th and 13th century local nobility exercising dominion. The Lords of Achberg followed the Steward of Waldburg (1235-1335) and the lords of Molpertshaus ( 1335-1352 ). As of 1352 the rule was Austrian fief, from 1366 to 1392 was one of the estates of the Barren family. 1412 was followed by the Counts of Koenigsegg, 1530 baron of Syrgenstein. 1691 Achberg was sold by Josef Franz Ferdinand of Syrgenstein to the Teutonic Order. By 1805, it was under the Landkomturei Altshausen the Deutschordensballei Swabian Alsace - Burgundy.
In the course of the secularization of Bavaria took in December 1805, the rule Achberg in possession, but by the Confederation of the Rhine contract was awarded in 1806 the castle and rule the Principality of Hohenzollern - Sigmaringen. As the Principality of 1850 fell to Prussia, oh mountain was the southernmost part of the Hohenzollern land thus the most southern part of Prussia. In the German war Achberg 1866 briefly occupied by Bavarian troops. The municipality was formed Achberg 1806-1854 en upper Bailiwick Office, then belonged to the upper office Sigmaringen, from 1925 to the district of Sigmaringen. On January 1, 1969 Achberg was awarded the county cheeks as part of the district and municipal reform and came up with this on 1 January 1973 the district of Ravensburg.
The mayor is John Aschauer.
The municipal elections of 7 June 2009 was as follows:
The turnout was 59.3 %, which was 5.3 percentage points lower than in the local elections of 2004. The council includes seven men and three women.
Coat of arms
Coat Description: Silver an occupied with a silver wave bar green Dreienberg a black cross with paw ends.
The coat of arms and the flag colors black and white were awarded the community on October 7, 1968. The black German cross of the Order is reminiscent of the membership of the Teutonic Order, mountain wave and bar make the coat of arms " naturally" ( mountain on the Ach).
By 1968, the municipality introduced a crest, which showed an eight-pointed black star in gold on a green Achtenberg. With this unusual coat of arms of the municipality name was popular etymology incorrectly interpreted as "Eight mountain". The star probably had no meaning and was used exclusively for decorative purposes.
Culture and sights
The Achberg castle is now in the possession of the district of Ravensburg and is used for exhibitions from the rich art collection of the circle as well as for exhibitions and concerts.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Franz Johann Vogt of Altensumerau and Prasberg (1611-1689), Prince-Bishop of Constance
- Fidelis OFM Conv Dehm. (1825-1883); Franziskanerminorit, Titular Bishop of " Colophon " and Apostolic Visitor in Romania.
- Wolfgang Sander (* 1944), German educator