The Adana Province is located in southern Turkey, the Taurus Mountains to the south. The province is 14,256 km ². With ( in 2011 ) 2,108,805 residents, it is the fifth largest province in Turkey. The capital is Adana, major cities are also Ceyhan, Seyhan, Yüreğir and Kozan. The Çukurova region in the south of the province is drained by the rivers Seyhan and Ceyhan and is very fertile. The capital city of Adana is the center of the Turkish textile industry and a railway junction. The Incirlik Air Base, NATO is here.
In 1909 the massacre of Adana against the Armenian minority took place here. In Adana are the built in the 12th century Armenian monasteries Akner and Arqakaghni.
The province has the following counties:
Of which include the counties of Çukurova, Karaisalı, Sarıçam, Seyhan and Yüreğir to the big city (Turkish: Büyükşehir Belediyesi ) Adana.
- Ismet Atli Olympic gold medalist in wrestling
- Ceyhun, politicians
- Ceyhun Demirtas. Sociologist and writer
- Yılmaz Güney, actor and director
- Kani Karaca, musician and Sufi teacher
- Murat Kekilli, singer
- Orhan Kemal, writer
- Yaşar Kemal, writer
- Haluk Levent, musicians
- Hasan Şaş, football player
- Sener Sen, actor
- Ferdi Tayfur, singer
- Fatih Terim, football player and coach
- Rojîn Ülker, Kurdish singer