Aero L-60 BrigadÃ½r
The Aero L -60 " Brigadýr " was a light multipurpose aircraft from Czechoslovakia. It appeared in mid -1950s and has been in several states of the Warsaw Pact and to Egypt, Argentina ( as " El Langostero " ), Cuba and other exports. She acted mainly as a spraying in agriculture and forestry, but also could be used as a school, medical, aerial and airplane travel. In addition, the L -60 was as a tow plane for gliders and parachutists - Absetzflugzeug Aero Club in use.
The first designs were created by Ondrej Nemec and created in 1951 to develop a successor to the K -65 " Čáp ", the Czechoslovak version of the German Fieseler Storch. The prototype XL-60/01 ( ID 010) first flew in 1953, still equipped with an Argus As 10C engine with 176 kW ( 240 hp) take-off power. 1953 took over Zdenék Rublič the development work. The second XL -60 ( ID OK JEA ) with the acquisition in the series production M- 208B engine started for the first time on 22 March 1955. It was equipped with a propeller V -411 and a 300 -kg container for chemicals and received the nickname " Brigadýr ". The third prototype (code V -01) was a military version with a 7.92 -mm MG 15 and under wing- suspensions for light bombs.
The L -60 was a strutted high -wing monoplane, all-metal monocoque construction, only the rudder of the tail were covered with fabric. The trapezoidal wing slot had wings and split flaps and was associated with both struts to the hull as well as with the rigid main landing gear. In winter snow sled could be fitted instead of the wheels.
The series production ran until the 1960s and ended after 273 machine. The main customers were in addition to the above, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Poland, Romania and the USSR.
Use in the GDR
The economy flight department of Deutsche Lufthansa, the German Democratic Republic was from March 1957 to 1960 45 L- 60th They were equipped with a 400 -kg chemical containers and used for agricultural flights, but also for schoolwork ( double control), connecting flights and banner towing. In 1962, the NVA were from 20 L -60 from its portfolio to the agricultural flight. In 1963, the aircraft were taken over by the Agricultural Air Inter Flight Operation Department newly established. They were gradually replaced from 1967 by the Z -37 Čmelák. Of the 65 employed in the agricultural Flight L -60 30 machines were lost in flying accidents.
The NVA was awarded in early 1960 20 L -60 military version of the K- 60 radio compass and KW-/UKW-Funkgeräten. At first flown in transport flying school in Dessau, two squadrons of the TAG -17 ( transport flight training squadrons ) were formed and stationed in Garz / Heringsdorf from the K -60. They were used for training and for courier flights and delivered in 1962 to Lufthansa.
The GST GDR purchased in 1960 13 L -60 and used them as Absetzflugzeug for skydivers. For this purpose, the aircraft, the seats and the right hatch were removed. However, they were relatively quickly replaced in this function by the An-2, because there were two serious accidents with the jump because of the low rate tailplane and a prematurely opening screen in the years 1966 and 1968. A further object was the glider towing.
In 1973/ 74, the last of the 78 L- 60 of the GDR were decommissioned.
- Egypt Egypt: 10
- Bulgaria: 1969-1983
- Germany Democratic Republic in 1949 German Democratic Republic: 20 1960-1962
- Romania Romania: 1
- Czechoslovakia Czechoslovakia: 56
- Egypt Egypt
- Argentina Argentina
- Cuba Cuba
- Germany Democratic Republic in 1949 German Democratic Republic: a total of 58 from 1957 to a maximum of 1974 DLH and GST 20 from NVA inventory from 1962
- Germany Germany
- Yugoslavia Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
- Austria Austria
- Poland Poland
- Romania Romania
- Switzerland Switzerland
- Sri Lanka Sri Lanka
- Soviet Union Soviet Union
- Syria Syria
- Czechoslovakia Czechoslovakia
- Hungary Hungary
- United States United States