Afyonkarahisar is a province of Turkey with 701 326 inhabitants. The eponymous provincial capital Afyonkarahisar has around 186 991 inhabitants ( 2012).
The Afyonkarahisar Province in the west of Asia Minor and lies mostly in the Aegean Region ( Ege Bölgesi ) Turkey.
The Afyonkarahisar Province is divided into 18 counties. The districts are:
On the history, see the article on the capital Afyonkarahisar.
On January 6, 2005 the former province of Afyon officially received back their former names Afyonkarahisar ( afyon of Turkish, " Opium" and kara hisar, " black castle ").
- Phrygian valley
- Phrygian rock-cut tombs and Aslantaş Yilantaş
- Phrygian monuments Arslankaya, Malta
- Cave churches of Ayazin
- Castle of Afyonkarahisar ( Afyon Kale) of
- Thermal springs of Gazlıgöl and Sandıklı
- Great Mosque ( Ulu Cami )
- Gedik Ahmed Pasha complex of ( Imaretcamii )
- Archaeological Museum
- Monuments of Kocatepe and Triumph
- Ahmet Necdet Sezer, Former State Minister of Turkey
- Nurgül Yeşilçay, Actress