Agliè ( AJE Piedmontese ) is a municipality with 2669 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) in the Italian province of Turin (TO ), Region Piedmont.
The municipality consists of the villages of the Madonna delle Grazie, Santa Maria and San Grato. Neighboring municipalities are San Martino Canavese Torre Canavese, Bairo, Vialfrè, Cuceglio, San Giorgio Canavese and Ozegna. The patron saint of the place is San Massimo.
The town is located 34 km from the provincial capital of Turin at an altitude of 315 m above sea level. The municipality covers an area of 13.28 km ².
The original name of the place is Alladio ( hence the name of the inhabitants as Alladiesi ). He was known in the 12th century as an important fortress town. In the 17th century, the fortress of the prince Filippo di Agliè was converted into a palace, which was destroyed in 1706 during the French invasion. 1756 was the ruin of Charles Emmanuel III. , Duke of Savoy, rebuilt according to plans by Ignazio Birago to a summer residence of the Savoy rulers.
- The Summer Palace ( see history), which has an impressive façade and extensive gardens. It also houses a museum.
- The villa Meleto, the country house of Guido Gozzano, which also houses a museum.
- The parish church from 1775, also built according to plans by Ignazio Birago.
The municipality has two libraries, a kindergarten, a primary school and a secondary school. There is also a pharmacy.
The Summer Palace served in the Italian telenovela Elisa di Rivombrosa as a backdrop for the castle Rivombrosa.