The state of Aguascalientes is located in the middle of northern Mexico from Jalisco and Zacatecas. It is 5471 km ² ( 1.2 million inhabitants) the fourth smallest Mexican state. The capital city is Aguascalientes.
The state of Aguascalientes is located in the center of Mexico, 480 kilometers north of Mexico City between Zacatecas and Jalisco,
The state was created in 1835 from not quite understandable reasons - the legend says of a kiss the wife of the mayor of Aguascalientes on the cheek of the former dictator Antonio López de Santa Ana.
Cities and Towns
Aguascalientes is divided into eleven Municipalities.
The most populous city by far of the State of Aguascalientes is the capital. More cities with at least ten thousand inhabitants are Calvillo, Jesús Gómez Portugal, Jesús María, Pavilion of Arteaga, Rincon de Romo and San Francisco de los Romo.
- Antonio Acevedo Escobedo, writer
- José María Bocanegra, Mexican President
- Enrique Cornelio Osornio Martínez de los Ríos, a military doctor and deputy governor of Aguascalientes
- Francisco Díaz de León, artists
- Gabriel Fernández Ledesma, artist
- Manuel M. Ponce, musician
- José Guadalupe Posada, artists
- Saturnino Herrán artist
- Ramón López Velarde, poet
- Arturo Robles Aguilar, politicians
- Raúl López Serna, physicians
- Miguel Angel Vega Barberena, politicians
- Jose Antonio Zapata Cabral, Journalist
- Otto Granados Roldán, politicians
- José Guadalupe ( "Napoleon" ), musicians
- Arturo Romo de Vivar Olivares, Businessman
- Rodolfo Landeros Gallegos, politicians