Aichach is the county town of the district Aichach -Friedberg in the Bavarian administrative region of Swabia.
- 2.1 Urban History
- 2.2 Amalgamations
- 2.3 Population development
- 3.1 City Council and Mayor
- 3.2 Local Finance
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 3.4 Town twinning
- 4.1 Museums
- 4.2 Structures
- 4.3 monuments
- 4.4 associations
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Public bodies
- 5.3 Leisure and sports facilities
- 5.4 Media
- 5.5 Education
- 6.1 freeman
- 6.2 Sons and daughters of the town
- 6.3 Otherwise connected to Aichach
Aichach located in the Region of Augsburg at the pair.
There are the following districts: Aichach, Algertshausen, Ecknach, Edenried, Gallenbach, Griesbeckerzell, Hiesling, Blades, Oberbernbach, Obermauer Bach, Oberschneitbach, Oberwittelsbach, Sulzbach, sub- Griesbach, Untermauerbach, Under Snow, Bach, Unterwittelsbach and Walchshofen.
Community members are: Aich, Aichach, Algertshausen, Anders Bach, Blumenthal, Ecknach, Edenried, pus Mayrhofen, Froschham, Gallenbach, goose creek, Griesbeckerzell, Hiesling, Hofgarten, Ippertshausen, Blades, Knottenried, Matzenberg, Neuhausen Neuhausen, Neumühlestrasse, Nisselsbach, Oberbernbach, Obermauer Bach, Oberneul, Oberschneitbach, Oberwittelsbach, Röckerszell, Sulzbach, Tränkmühle, sub- Griesbach, Untermauerbach, Untermühle, Unterneul, Under Snow, Bach, Unterwittelsbach, Walchshofen, Wilpersberg, Windten and Wöresbach.
Aichach can look back on nearly one thousand years of history. In the second half of the 11th century (before 1078 ), the Church of Aichach first time in a note chronicle of the monastery of St. Ulrich and Afra in Augsburg was called. The settlement is certainly older. 1250 for the first time a commander was named as the head of a house of the Teutonic Order in Aichach. Aichach was until 1384 the seat of the German Order Coming, which later moved to Blumenthal and existed until 1806. 1347, Emperor Ludwig the Bavarian " Instead of our Aychach [ ... ] allw the right [ ... ] to our burgers instead due ze Munichen [ ... ] habent ".
1634 burned Aichach after a siege almost entirely on. During the Thirty Years War, the forces of the warring parties attracted again and again by the heavy battered town on the road from Augsburg to Regensburg. The General Sweden Gustaf Horn wrestled with the imperial generals Aldringens and Jan van Werth. 1704 English, Dutch and Spanish troops arrived in the War of Spanish Succession to Aichach. The ducal palace was destroyed. 1796 attracted French and Austrian troops through the city and took to the chagrin of the citizens in and around Aichach quarters. In the inn of the Brauer Alois Lorenz Gerhauser lived in the town square among others, the French general St. Cyr and 1799, the Cossack leader Rimsky -Korsakov. The city Aichach was before 1800 Pflegamt and belonged to the Electorate of Bavaria Munich Rentamt. Aichach owned a city court with extensive magisterial own rights. Since 1862 was the district office Aichach, forerunner of the district Aichach. It formed in the course of district reform in 1972 with the county Friedberg and individual communities further counties to provisional " Landkreis Augsburg -Ost". This new district was part of the administrative region of Swabia. The county received on May 1, 1973 its final name ' Aichach- Friedberg '.
On January 1, 1970, the formerly independent communities Untergriesbach and Under Snow Bach were incorporated to Aichach. On January 1, 1972, the incorporation of the Oberschneitbach, Sulzbach and Unterwittelsbach followed, and Walchshofen was incorporated into Aichach on 1 April 1972. On January 1, 1974, the incorporation of Algertshausen followed, on 1 January 1977 was followed by yet blades and upper wall Bach. Be in the final phase, the incorporation of municipalities Ecknach, Gallenbach, Griesbeckerzell were ( with the already incorporated on 1 January 1972 Edenried ) Oberbernbach and Oberwittelsbach on 1 January 1978 to districts of Aichach.
City Council and Mayor
The City Council is composed of the first mayor and 30 councilors.
Mayor Klaus Habermann (SPD).
Coat of arms
Coat Description: Argent, a rooted cutting green oak tree with golden acorns.
The coat of arms of Aichach is a canting arms with the representation of the oak tree. The place name means "settlement in the oak forest ."
- Brixlegg ( Austria )
- Schiffer city ( Germany )
- Gödöllő (Hungary ) Aichach- Unterwittelsbach with the water tower is the starting point and the Godollo Royal Palace, the end point of the so-called " Sisi's Road ", which retraces the life of the Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary.
Culture and sights
- Wittelsbach Museum ( in the lower gate )
- City Museum Aichach
- Water Castle Unterwittelsbach in Unterwittelsbach district.
- Late Gothic parish church interior in 1907 redesigned by Munich architect Richard Berndl, the painter Gustav G. Klemm ( 1858-1938 ) and the sculptor Jacob Bradl
- Ruins of the ancestral castle of Wittelsbach
- Moated castle in Unterwittelsbach ( at Aichach )
- JVA Aichach, women's prison in Bavaria
- Schloss Blumenthal
- Royal Bavarian Josef party
- Ball game club Aichach (BCA )
- Carnival company pair Talia Aichach eV
Economy and infrastructure
- Rail link to Augsburg and Ingolstadt (pair roller coaster )
- The Federal Highway 300 connects with Aichach Augsburg and the motorway A8 Munich - Stuttgart (exit Dasing ) and on Schrobenhausen with Ingolstadt and the Federal Highway 9
- District Court Aichach
- Labour Office Aichach
- Forestry Office
- Health Office
- District Office Aichach -Friedberg
- City Library Aichach
- Survey Office
- State Veterinary Office
Leisure and sports facilities
- Outdoor pool Aichach
- Indoor pool Aichach (at the Wittelsbach Realschule)
- Youth center Aichach
- County stadium
- Tennis Club Aichach
In Aichach appear as newspapers:
- Aichacher newspaper in the Mayer & Söhne print and media group GmbH; All non-subscribers of Aichacher newspaper received on Wednesday and Saturday Aichacher indicator as a free weekly paper.
- Aichacher News ( regional edition of the Augsburg General ) at the press printing and publishing GmbH Augsburg
In the radio landscape Aichachs there are two local radio station, Radio Fantasy hitradio.rt1 and that have their own terrestrial transmitter, cable or other adjacent regional radio programs and stations can be received with national and international distribution area.
Since February 2011 there is an internet television station Aichach.tv, who reports with regional news, reports, features and talk shows from Aichach and region.
- Ludwig Steub Elementary School Aichach ( primary school )
- Primary school Aichach- North
- Elizabeth School ( Educational Center, funding priority Spiritual Development )
- Edith Stein School ( Educational Center, funding priority learning, language and emotional development )
- Scholl -School Aichach
- Wittelsbach -Realschule Aichach
- German men's gymnasium Aichach
- Vocational School of Nursing
- State Vocational School Aichach -Friedberg
- Community College Aichach -Friedberg e.V.
See: List of honorary citizens of Aichach
Sons and daughters of the town
- Johannes Engel (before 1463-1512 ), physician, astronomer and astrologer
- Matthias Greitter (1495-1550), cantor and composer
- Steub Ludwig (1812-1888), writer
- Franz Beckenbauer (1846-1918), Reichstagsabgeordner and Mayor of the City
- Ernst Mayer (1862-1932), legal historian
- Ferdinand Müller ( politician ) ( 1859-1944 ), Member of Parliament, father of Vincent Müller
- Vincenz Müller (1894-1961), Lieutenant General of the Wehrmacht and of the NVA
- Martin Roller (1905-1995), priest and prelate
- Chrislo Haas (1956-2004), musician
- Erhard Bühler ( born 1956 ), Major General
- Harry Blank ( born 1968 ), actor
- Christoph Burkhard ( born 1984 ), German football player
Otherwise connected to Aichach
- Ferdinand von Miller (1813-1887), created as ore caster, the Bavaria statue, and was the father of Baron Ferdinand von Miller (1842-1929), ore caster and director of the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich.
- Oskar von Miller (1855-1934), founder of the Deutsches Museum.