Aisai (Japanese爱 西 市, -shi) is a city located in Aichi Prefecture on the main Japanese island of Honshu.
On 1 April 2005, the municipalities of Saya, Tatsuta, Hachikai and Saori merged to city Aisai. The city's name is composed of the kanji ai of Aichi and sai ( = West), since the city is located in the far west of Aichi Prefecture.
Aisai located west of Nagoya.
West of the town of Kiso River, which is the border of Gifu and Mie prefectures here goes. Large parts of the urban area is below sea level.
- Train: JR Kansai Main Line with the Eiwa station.
- Meitesu Bisai line with the stations Fuchidaka, Machikata, Hibino and Saya.
- Meitetsu Tsushima line with the stations Shobata and Fujinami.
- National roads 1 and 155
Sons and daughters of the city
- Because it had not reached the news of the surrender of Japan Shoichi Yokoi, sergeant of the imperial army, who lived in hiding in Guam until 1972
- Katō Takaaki (Prime Minister 1924-1926 )
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Aichi Prefecture Tsushima