Alar del Rey
Alar del Rey is a place and a Spanish municipality ( municipio ) 35 km north of the pilgrimage in the province of Palencia of the Autonomous Community of Castile -Leon. It lies on the banks of the River Burejo shortly before his mouth into the Río Pisuerga and houses the remains of a Roman fortification.
In addition to the main town of the municipality are still the three districts Becerril del Carpio ( with Barrio de Santa María, Barrio de San Pedro, La Puebla de San Vicente and Villarrodrigo ), Nogales de Pisuerga and San Quirce del Río Pisuerga.
The origins Alar del Rey attributable to the construction of the Canal de Castilla. The town was founded in 1657 and is located at the northern terminus of this building.
The railway reached the town in 1857.
During the Spanish Civil War, there were on the territory of the municipality an airfield, the units of the German Condor Legion, as part of the hunt group 88, especially during the war in the north served as a place of use.
- Virgen del Carmen, built in the 19th century in the Romanesque Revival and neo-gothic style