The Albion Chapel was a 1815/16 was built and inaugurated on November 7, 1816 Church in the City of London. The church a community of Scottish Presbyterians was located on the site of the second building of the Old Bethlem Hospital, on the corner of Finsbury Pavement / London Wall, that is at the southwest corner of Finsbury Circus.
Architect of the Albion Chapel was William Jay ( ~ 1793-1837 ). She was probably his only building before his emigration to the United States of America.
Construction is expected to have cost about £ 10,000, but was soon no longer large enough for the congregation. Alexander Fletcher of the Scots Secession Church was active in her before he separated from his religious community because of theological and legal struggles and his seelsorgische activity moved into the newly built Finsbury Chapel after an interlude in a building of Grub Street ultimately 1826. His successor as pastor of the Albion Chapel was James Gray, his inauguration on January 24, 1826 took place.
As God's house was demolished in 1879 after less inventory than seven decades. In its place were the Tower Buildings (later Tower Chambers ), an office building, built.
The church listed brick was built on a square plan. It had a copper- roofed dome ten semi-circular skylights.
The at Finsbury Pavement located, inferred via a small staircase main entrance was designed as ante -shaped eingebundener in the building portico, whose triangular pediment supported by two external pilasters at the Ante walls and two inner, free-standing Ionic columns were worn.
On the south side of London Wall to himself found three round-arched windows and a covered with a segmental arch further entrance door. This door opened into a vestibule, from which a staircase led to the gallery.
The sacristy lay to the east of the church. On the south side of the building comes down London Wall, also a sundial was installed. The interior was very sparse.