Albisrieden is a district of the city of Zurich. The formerly independent municipality Albisrieden was incorporated in 1934 and today, together with Altstetten the circle 9
Albisrieden lies at the foot of the Uetliberg and has about 17,000 inhabitants. For the former municipality would now become even without connection to the city of Zurich to the city.
Despite the incorporation of the district has been able to preserve the original character well in the former town center. Especially in the 1950s Albisrieden has grown by an enormous building activity, but also in recent times, the population is more than in other districts of the city of Zurich, because old industrial buildings are replaced by residential buildings.
Coat of arms
The Tatzenkreuz brings the historical entanglement with the pen Grossmünsterplatz expressed. The jurisdiction of Albisrieden was under the pen up in 1526.
The first settlement was a Roman estate, which was later abandoned. Since the 9th century, the settlement was in the possession of the cathedral. In the Vogt lists from 1508 to 1512 the site appears as a component of Reichsvogtei Zurich. It was a basic rule of the Provost Zurich, whose shield image it assumed a coat of arms. Zurich imputed Albisrieden the upper bailiwick Wiedikon. After the revolution of 1798 Albisrieden was assigned to the district Zurich, in 1803 the district of Horgen, then to the upper office and since 1831 the district of Zurich.
Previously, the place was merely called vineyards, as to make it to distinguish vineyards am Albis from the same village in Wallisellenstrasse and Oberrieden.
Ecclesiastical was the place only one on the left side of the Limmat under the pastoral care of the people's priest of the deanery. Albisrieden owned 1270 already has its own chapel. The Grossmünsterplatz elected and salaried the pastor until 1831 passed the Kollatur to the community. An independent parish Albisrieden was first raised by the State Council Decision of 18 July 1866. The parish possessed a considerable patrimony, from which they could support the poor during the famine in 1771 and 1772 without magisterial grant. Also from military campaigns remained Albisrieden not spared. From the Old Zurich War, the village in 1443 was touched. Attracted but the Confederates from Hedingen about Albisrieden against Zurich. 1799 Albisrieden suffered under the occupation by the French.
The rapidly progressive development of the of the old peasant Albisrieden to subsequent industrial colony has provoked efforts to annexation of the community to the city of Zurich in the 20th century. The annexation took place in 1934.
The municipality within the district Zurich before the merger in 1933
Local Museum " House for Obren Haller "
, 1230 first mentioned mill Albisrieden
In Albisrieden there are three churches:
The Reformed Church has in Albisrieden two churches:
- Built in the years 1816-1818 Old Church Albisrieden characterizes the historic village core, built by the architect Hans Conrad Stadler ( 1788-1846 ).
- The 1949-1951 New church built Albisrieden stands, around 800 meters from the Old Church, right in the neighborhood. It was built by architect Hans Martin von Meyenburg ( 1915-1995 ).
The Roman Catholic Church is represented in Albisrieden with the parish of St. Konrad:
- The Church of St. Konrad was built in the years 1953-55 by the architects Ferdinand Pfammatter and Walter Rieger and is at the Fellenbergstrasse. The church stands in the tradition of the French Gothic concrete and almost has the outline of a central building on. In addition to the 1988 built parish center is located behind the church of St. Konrad Built in 1974, the chapel, which was dedicated to St. Brother Klaus.
Industrial and commercial
In Albisrieden several small commercial establishments are located, as well as industrial and service companies. Mention should certainly Siemens Switzerland AG and Zürcher free warehouse AG.
Sport and Leisure
- Outdoor pool Letzigraben: Max Frisch Bad
- Sports hall and sports field Utogrund
- Sports field Buchlern
- Leisure center Bachwiesen
- Quartierzentrum Bachwiesen
- Protect house Hasenrain
Associations and local life
In Albisrieden variety of clubs are active, which contribute to creating a life. Still many people in the neighborhood have a pretty strong sense, more likely to be Albisrieder as Zurich. Certainly with this thinking is the fact that people talk about Albisrieden from the village, but they say this city, so is the downtown area of the city of Zurich meant beforehand especially of Prague 1, partially also in the city districts 4 and 5
Organizations and infrastructure
Albisrieden is administratively affiliated with the city of Zurich. These concerns also the organization of the fire department. In 1985, the duty firefighters companies Altstetten and Albisrieden banded together and formed the company 31 1991, the fire service duty was abolished.
Due to the structural changes in the city, such as compaction of road traffic or increase the number of inhabitants, the structures of the militia fire department of the city of Zurich have been reclassified in the summer of 2009. The guide has been adapted to the contemporary stocks and the new zoning. That to Altstetten and Albisrieden were added to the quarters Hoengg and Wipkingen. As a result of this merger, the company Limmat Valley was formed from the Company 31. This reunification is a meaningful and purposeful reorganization has been created with the strengthened the efficiency of the units, contemporary simplified structures are created and in which the units can be used as needed for the application needs of protection and rescue.
The circle 9, so Altstetten and Albisrieden together are looked after by the police station in Altstetten. Similarly, there are only two quarters together a constituency office, where the persons ' registration office, Betreibungsamt and other services are housed. The premises of the district offices are also located in Altstetten.
On Schützenrain in Albisrieden are also two Jewish cemeteries. The cemetery of the community Agudas Achim is on the Goldackerweg, the tombs of the congregation Or Hadash can be reached via the Schützenrain. In 1913 Agudas Achim Cemetery opened find Orthodox Jews and community members of Agudas Achim the final resting place, which opened in 1982 cemetery of the Jewish Liberal congregation Or Hadash offers their members, in the landscaped area as forest cemetery, a indefinite Grabesruhe.
The members of the Reformed church Albisrieden were able to leave until 1839 buried in the old church in Albisrieden. This year, then, a new cemetery was on the Triemlistrasse, not far from the site over to another opens, which in 1927, was therefore canceled before the annexation. Since 1902 the cemetery Albisrieden at the Untermoosstrasse, which has remained a small community cemetery in character even after enlargement in 1939, still in use today.
Albisrieden has several school units of the Basic level: Altweg, In der Ey, Letzi, Triemli, Utogrund. Again Albisrieden together with Altstetten the school district Letzi within the city of Zurich. Further education offers such high schools do not exist in Albisrieden, the high school students as well as students from Albisrieden use the services of the Canton schools, universities and colleges in the city of Zurich.
The mill Albisrieden was already mentioned in 1230. The mill wheel is still in operation. The often- rebuilt and extended chapel of 1270 was in 1818 replaced by the newly created Church of architect Hans Conrad Stadler. The Rapsölttrotte was until the mid-18th century in the possession of the cathedral. 1874 Trott factory was demolished. 1861 took the color wood mill into operation. She is a witness to the industrialization of Albisrieden. 1888 factory house was added in brick style of the former factory buildings.
In Albisrieden are still old farmhouses in Mehrreihenständerbau obtained, which were built in 1540:
Mehrreihenständerbau built with pitched roof ( house in the middle), 1540
Built Hochstudhaus with Tätschdach (left part of the building ), 1541
Mehrreihenständerbau with pitched roof (barn and owned half living area ), built in 1541-48, Restaurant Reblaube 1909-1962