Even as a 15 -year-old Aled Jones had his first success in the pop music business. With his debut album All Through the Night, he rose in the UK at # 2 on the charts and with a new recording of the song Walking in the Air, which had been previously released on the soundtrack of the animated film The Snowman he reached the top 5 in the singles charts. In the same year he was also represented on the single Pictures in the Dark by Mike Oldfield. In the following two years, he had several more successful albums, then interrupted the voice break his career. Jones studied in the following years at the Royal Academy of Music and performed in 1995 in the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. After that, he was, among other things moderator for classical music broadcasts on Classic FM and the BBC.
The early 2000s he began again with album releases, which were regularly placed in the Top 40 of the charts.
In June 2013 he was honored by Queen Elizabeth II for his services to the MBE.
- Memory (1985 )
- Walking in the Air (1985 )
- A Winter Story (1986 )
- Pictures in the Dark - Mike Oldfield featuring Aled Jones, Anita Hegerland & Barry Palmer (1985 )
- Silver Bells / Me and My Teddy Bear - Sir Terry Wogan & Aled Jones ( 2009)
- All Through the Night ( 1985)
- Where E'er You Walk (1986 )
- Pie Jesu (1986 )
- An Album of Hymns (1986 )
- Aled ( Music from the TV Series) (1987 )
- The Best Of (1987 )
- Aled (2002)
- Higher ( 2003)
- The Christmas Album (2004)
- New Horizons (2005)
- You Raise Me Up - The Best Of ( 2006)
- Reason to Believe (2007)