The Alfred - Kunze- Sportpark is the home of the SG Sachsen Leipzig ( Saxony Wernesgrüner League ) as the main tenant and the BSG Chemie Leipzig (district League Season North ) as a sub- tenant of the city of Leipzig. The facility includes a main course and a number of neighboring places. The 18,000 -seat pure football stadium located in Leipzig- Leutzsch between S-Bahn station and Leipzig floodplain forest.
In GDR times, the venue under the name Georg-Schwarz -Sportpark was known. On May 27, 1992 the ceremonial renaming. Named Alfred Kunze is still regarded as the most successful coach of Leutzscher association. Under his leadership, the former BSG Chemie Leipzig won, among others, the East German championship title.
After the fall of the capacity has been reduced due to reorganization of 22,000 to 18,000 spectators. Available since bleachers are 927, 2,721 dam seats and 14,352 standing places.
In 1919 the then independent municipality Leutzsch planned the construction of a sports complex with an area of 36 410 m². The construction work amounted to about one year, so that the venue was in the summer of 1920. In the course of incorporation Leutzschs the plant was transferred to Leipzig city property on January 1, 1922.
In the 20s, the area was the venue for a wide variety of football, sports gymnastics clubs and workers. On the initiative of the gymnastics club "Jahn" Leipzig -Leutzsch emerged in the years 1925/1926, the left today are two-storey club building in the Art Deco style.
As part of the "seizure of power " of the Nazis established in 1933 Leutzsch clubs were expropriated and liquidated.
Nevertheless, the resonance for the terrain under workers athletes remained large. Since 1935/36, about playing the FC Sachsen Leipzig 1899 predecessor SV Tura regularly record scenes of up to - then considerable - 20,000 spectators. With the looming end of the war but soon closes the chapter of the SV Tura.
Due to the political and social restructuring the Stalinist model new associations emerged in the Soviet zone of occupation and later in the GDR. From then used SG Leipzig -Leutzsch (1946-1949), zsg Industry Leipzig (1949 /50), BSG Chemie Leipzig ( 1950-1954 ), SC locomotive Leipzig ( 1954-1963 ) and again BSG Chemie Leipzig ( 1963-1990 ), the sports facility.
Alfred Kunze, who later namesake, coined as a coach the most successful years in the area. In the early 1950s and in the 1960s flocked average of up to 27,000 spectators after Leutzsch. In the season 1963/64, won Chemie Leipzig to the surprise of dirigiste East German sports officials the GDR Champion title in season 1966/67, followed the fdgb Cup victory.
In the years leading up to the turn of the home games were singled out - for example, in local derbies against DDR flagship club and arch rivals 1.FC Lok Leipzig - moved to the Central Stadium.
After the reunification of the Georg-Schwarz - and later Alfred - Kunze- Sportpark was from 1990 until the end of 2003 and in the 2009/2010 season home ground of FC Sachsen Leipzig. From early 2004 to mid- 2009, the club wore out their home games at the newly built Central Stadium, the Kunze- Sportpark, meanwhile, was used as a training ground. Following the bankruptcy of FC Sachsen Leipzig and the setting of the gaming operation on 30 June 2010, the Sports Park to the newly formed SG Sachsen Leipzig was leased, the club uses the terrain together with the gambling in the district league - North BSG Chemie Leipzig. Both men wear teams doing their home games alternately.
Playing with the biggest audience response after the return was the second round of the country goblet on 6 April 2011, in which the FC Sachsen was defeated by the third division RB Leipzig 0-2 before 3553 spectators.
Stage of construction
In general, the stadium is in a state of disrepair. Larger remedial measures have consistently failed due to lack of financial resources as well as its proximity to the nature reserve of the Leipzig floodplain forest. Only the training facilities off the main square were gradually expanded. Thus, the area has now among other things, an artificial pitch. Through the work of many followers, both the seat shells of the dam seat and the grandstand could be repainted in 2009. In addition, several breakwaters were installed on the grandstand.