Alicia Urreta was at the Conservatory of Mexico City student of Rodolfo Halffter. She has worked as a concert pianist since 1957 and taught at the University of Mexico chamber music and electronic music.
She composed among other works, a chamber opera, five ballets, pieces for solo instruments, a cantata, theater music, musique concrète for a Noh theater and film scores.
- Ralenti for tape, 1969
- Natura mortis o la historia de verdadera Caperucita Rojab for narrator, piano and tape, 1971
- Estudio sobre una guitarra for tape,
- Cante, homenaje a Manuel de Falla for actors, singers, three dancers, slides, percussion and tape, 1976
- Salmodia II for piano and tape, 1980
- Selva de pájaros for tape, 1978
- Dameros II for tape, 1984
- Dameros III for tape, 1985