Allouis longwave transmitter
The transmitter at Allouis Allouis since 1939 the central radio transmitter for long - and short- wave French radio. Until its destruction in 1944 by the retreating German troops a four pylons antenna system, in conjunction with a 900 -kilowatt transmitter was used.
On October 19, 1952 in Allouis took a new long-wave transmitter with an output of 250 kilowatts to the operation. He used as antennas three special Reuse antennas, which were suspended on a 308 meter high guyed lattice steel mast.
In 1957, the transmission power to 600 kilowatts in 1974 to 1,000 kW and 1981 kW at 2,000 was raised. However, is sent only during the day at full power. In 1974, the antenna system was rebuilt. It Reuse the antennas were removed and the radio mast was raised to a height of 350 meters. Moreover, a second 350 -meter mast was erected to cover France better.
Since 1977, the transmitter ( 162 kHz transmission frequency ) is used in Allouis not only to broadcast the radio program France Inter, but also for the dissemination of time mark after the AMDS procedure with the transmitter TDF.
The carrier frequency of the transmitter is derived from an atomic clock, which is located in the station building. It is thus a calibration frequency.