Alsbach is a municipality in the Westerwald district in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Ransbach -Baumbach.
The community lies in the Westerwald, about eight kilometers east of Bendorf, three km north of Hatton of Hausen and eleven kilometers west of Montabaur. In the southeast of Masselbach forms the border with the neighboring community forestry chamber. Around 55 percent of the district area is forested and 36 percent is used for agriculture.
To Alsbach includes the residential places Good Rembs yard and cottage mill.
Alsbach was first mentioned in 1143. In 1564 the Reformation was introduced in the parish Alsbach under the wiedischen rule. Following the accession of the two princes of Nassau Confederation of the Rhine and the simultaneous mediatization of wiedischen princes belonged Alsbach from 1806 to the Duchy of Nassau, and came in 1866 to the Kingdom of Prussia. Under the Prussian administration Alsbach belonged to Unterwesterwald circle in the administrative district of Wiesbaden. After the Second World War Alsbach came to the newly formed state of Rhineland -Palatinate. The Unterwesterwald circuit and thus Alsbach was now assigned to the new government district Montabaur. After its demise came in 1968 Unterwesterwald circle to the Region of Koblenz, since 1972 Alsbach belongs to the municipality Ransbach -Baumbach and since 1974 the Westerwald region of.
The development of the population of Alsbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Alsbach consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
The blazon of the arms is: " Argent, three black bars topped with a left Hinsch riding, red reinforced and tailed golden peacock. " It is based on the coat of arms of the Counts of Wied, the former rulers of Alsbach.
Economy and infrastructure
South of Alsbach runs the federal motorway 48 The nearby Brexbachtalbahn was shut down
Alsbach has a village hall.
- Bernd Lang ( born 1950 ), politician
- Andrew Noga (* 1968), writer