Altglienicke is a district of Berlin in the district of Treptow-Köpenick. Until the 2001 administrative reform it was a district of the historic district of Treptow. The historic community Altglienicke of the late 19th century, comes from the village Glinik (, ganglia '= Altdt. For Clay ') from the 14th century.
Altglienicke is characterized by land settlements at Falkenberg and a new housing development at Falk height in the direction of Schönefeld airport. Altglienicke one of the oldest settlement area in the district of Treptow- Köpenick.
As the district Altglienicke has no self-government, according to Berlin Constitution. All tasks concerned the region are perceived by the district office or the district assembly ( BVV ) Treptow- Köpenick of Berlin.
Altglienicke located in the southeast of Berlin, close to Schönefeld Airport. The district is located northwest of almost 60 meters high Falkenberg. The Falkenberg and opened in 1962 S -Bahn route to Schönefeld separate Altglienicke to the southeast of the district Bohnsdorf. To the north of the Teltow Canal forms the border with the district of Adlershof. West joins the district of Rudow in the Neukölln district of Berlin. To the south lies behind the Berlin border with the state of Brandenburg, the community Schönefeld.
The district is crossed by the topographical transition of the ridge Teltow Berlin glacial valley, the so-called " edge of the slope ." It is therefore colloquially the historic center "before" or " under the mountain ", the other, later developed residential areas to the south on or " on the mountain ". East of 1951 established by the Reichsbahn Berlin outer ring is that once dominated mainly of villas Altglienicker local situation Falkenberg.
Altglienicke also consists of numerous settlements with their own character, essentially Spreetal, Altglienicker height, Grüneck, Saxony Mountain, Falkenhöhe, Altglienicker reason and Prussia settlement. This - coming from the hallway - designations reflect today reflected in various street names.
From the late 1980s, built on previously agricultural land more new housing estates, which have their own names. Built still in GDR times between 1987 and 1990 in panel construction area at the Beautiful Chaussee is called the cosmos district. After 1990, emerged as more new housing estates, the Cologne district, the physicians District, Anne Frank Carée. The names refer to the conditions prevailing in the districts of street names.
Along the western city limits to Rudow emerged partly located in tunnel location as part of the federal highway 113, the highway connecting the city center of Berlin Schönefeld Airport. The opening took place in May 2008. As a compensatory measure in this context, the landscape park Rudow - Altglienicke was designed in the wider community.
Based on the findings of hearths in the local situation Falkenberg are in the region Altglienicker first human settlements of the Bronze Age from 2000 BC occupied. From about 500 AD Slavic broke contact from the Germanic Semnones settled here. In the 12th century ( at the time of Albert the Bear ) was next to the Wendish settlement askanisches a farming village with probably originating from the Altmark colonists. The village was finally Glinik 1375 IV first mentioned in the Book of Charles the country. 1523 came Glienicke as Vorwerk office Cöpenick. 1628 had to be auctioned Glienicke. The owners changed regularly (Joachim von der Groeben, Kaspar von Klitzing, Adam von List, Count of Lynar ) until the village of Elector Frederick (later Frederick II ) was purchased and converted back into a Vorwerk by the Office Cöpenick. 1740 was created under Lieutenant-General of the manor Schlabrendorf Falkenberg.
In July 1764 the colonists settled in the Palatinate as a leaseholder and received as an independent community Neu -Glienicke extensive special rights. Alt- Glienicke and New Glienicke were pooled for community Altglienicke by Order dated 17 April 1893. 1894/1895 built on the site of the Baroque previous building a village church today's protestant parish church in the Romanesque Revival style. In the years 1905/1906 the construction of the Altglienicker water tower and the water works was completed. At the same time it came to the completion of the Teltow Canal. In 1909 the tram - Adlershof Altglienicke was opened and operated until 1992. 1913 Falkenberg Garden City was built by the architect Bruno Taut.
In 1920 Alt- Glienicke was incorporated with a population of 5,028 according to the Greater Berlin in the newly created district of Treptow. From the 1930s it came to parceling and colonization of other areas of today's settlement area. In the spring of 1951, the district with the construction of a railway line ( Berlin outer ring ) was cut across the settlement area, many residents lost their land and houses. Following construction of larger housing developments since 1987, the population was about 26,000 people in 2005.
- Protestant parish church Altglienicke (1894/1895)
- Waterworks Altglienicke (1904-1906) with the water tower Altglienicke (1905/1906)
- Elementary school on the hill, built as a church school (1912/1913)
- Falkenberg Garden City by Bruno Taut (so-called " Paintbox settlement ", 1913-1915 )
- Catholic Parish of Mary Help (1937 )
- Evangelical Ernst- Moritz- Arndt- home community (so-called " onion dome church ", 1937)
- Protestant cemetery Altglienicke (1884 )
- Friedhof Altglienicke (1911 )
- New Apostolic Church (1930 )
→ See also: List of cultural monuments in Berlin- Altglienicke
- Erwin Bennewitz, district mayor 1946-1948
- , Jan Czochralski, chemists
- Susan Hoecke, Actress
- Fritz Kühn, sculptor and metalsmith
- Gerhard Lahr, painter and graphic artist
- Peter Mücke, race car driver
- Stefan Mücke, race car driver
- Willi Schwabe, actor
- Werner Stötzer, sculptor
- Kurt Wanski, painter
- Anne- Frank -Gymnasium (former building of the Laplace Pierre- Realschule)
- Primary school on the mountain
- Primary school on Mohnweg ( 16 primary school )
- Primary school on Pegasuseck
- School at Water Tower Altglienicker
- Training Centre Shooting
- Mansion Altglienicke (library, youth center, senior center )
- Adventure playground Waslala
- Children and Youth Cabuwazi
- Youth recreational facility fairness
- Volunteer Fire Altglienicke
- Evangelical Church of St. Altglienicke
- Catholic church " Maria Hilf" Altglienicke
- New Apostolic Church congregation Grunau - Altglienicke
- Sports field "Age Beautiful Weg " (Stadium Altglienicke )