Altishofen ( in local dialect Autishofe [ ˌ ɑʊ̯tiʓ hɔfə ] ) is a village and a municipality in the constituency Willisau the Swiss canton of Lucerne.
The municipality is part of the planning region Altishofen Upper Wiggertal - Lutherntal, subregion Wauwilermoos. It borders the municipalities Nebikon the south and east, Ebersecken the south and west, the district Richenthal the community Reiden in the west and Dagmersellen the north and east. Altishofen is known mainly for its worth protecting historic village of national importance.
The Altishofen castle with knights' hall, Baroque room, castle cellar and Castle Garden is now the seat of the municipal administration. It was built in 1571 and, together with the Kornschütte of 1671 and the church of St. Martin of 1771 one ensemble.
The community Altishofen bordered to the northwest by Reiden, on the northeast by Dagmersellen, on the southeast by Nebikon and on the southwest by Ebersecken.
From 1850 to 1980, the population between 700 and 900 inhabitants remained fairly stable; took place in the last 20 years to rise to present (2005 ) about 1,300 inhabitants.
Early signs of settlement & name
On the northern edge of the township, there are traces of a Roman estate. In a church renovation Alamannic graves from the 7th century have come to Vorscheine. A church is evidenced by mention of the Leutpriesters since 1201.
The oldest surviving mention of the place, finding themselves in a deed dated 1190, in which secular priest Henry of Buochs presented the monastery Engelberg be Good to Alteloshoven, and in the oldest Engelberg land register of 1184 /90 ( Alteloshovin de ... de Altiloshovin ). The place name is composed of an Old High German personal name and the base word hof, meaning in the courts of the Altilo '.
Portrait of Joseph Constant Pfyffer whether Altishofen, 1800
From the Lords of Balm to the Pfyffer of Altishofen
In the 13th century Altishofen was owned by the Barons of Balm. When Rudolf of Balm in 1306 prepared to participate in King Albrecht's military campaign to Bohemia, he prescribed on 26 August, which he possessed to Altishofen, his wife as Leibgeding (ie, to usufruct ). Unfortunately for the family of Rudolf Balm was counted to the inner circle of conspirators murdered which King Albrecht in 1308 at Windisch AG. The possession of the proscribed refugee therefore fell to the Holy Roman Empire back. 1312 bought by the German order of knights, which had its seat in Hitzkirch, the rule Altishofen and acquired three years later, even the church record. In the first half of the 16th century, the Order was in decline, why the Council of Lucerne managing the parish Altishofen had to take by own officers 1528-1542. The impoverished Order was forced to rule Altishofen sell for 8000 sun crowns the mighty war entrepreneur Ludwig Pfyffer in 1571. He and his descendants adopted the name of Pfyffer Altishofen.
Until the resolution by the Grand Council of the Canton of Lucerne in 1839 the rule was left as the so-called primogeniture in the Pfyffer of Altishofen. 1859 Heinrich Pfyffer sold the castle to Johann Karl Kesselbach, from which it acquired the community Altishofen 1862. By the year 1973, she used it as a citizen 's home. Since 1971, the community office is located in the castle. After the renovation in 1986, the government governorship of the Office Willisau was housed in it also. Different rooms ( Knight's Hall, Baroque room, castle basement) can be rented for events.
Altishofen possessed since the time of the Lords of Balm a central function for the environment. For parish Altishofen belonged next to the town itself, the communities Dagmersellen, Buchs LU, Ebersecken, Egolzwil, Wauwil, Nebikon and Schötz. At the beginning of the 19th century, the parish began but gradually falling apart. Except Nebikon and Ebersecken all communities broke from the mother parish.
An economic change came with the construction in the 1850s. Originally a station in Altishofen ( in Wiggerbrücke ) was provided. The opinion in support of a separate stop following commercial was listed: a woolen mill, a mill, a blacksmith's and Schlosser Forge, several shopkeepers as well as six different craftsmen. Altishofen has indeed very keen to get its own station, but went in spite of tough haggling and markets empty-handed.
Since 1952 was drilled on the municipality several times for oil and gas. Natural gas was present to a limited extent. However, the yield was not worth it ( in contrast to the occurrence of Darkwood ).
- Urs Kaufmann (CVP ), Mayor
- Marianne Hodel (CVP )
- Werner Hodel (CVP )
- Josef Szalai (CVP )
- Esther Kipfer (FDP)
In the last elections to the cantonal parliament (2011), the parties reached the following percentage of voters: CVP 61.0%, SVP 14.2%, FDP 13.8%, Greens 4.1%, SP 4.0% and 2.9% glp.
Altishofen is connected via the bus connection Willisau- Nebikon - Dagmersellen and SBB train station Nebikon to the public transport network. The motorway connection Dagmersellen A2 is 2 km away.
The educational program of Altishofen itself includes kindergarten and primary school. For the secondary level, students need after Nebikon, go to high school or in vocational schools to Willisau or Sursee.
- The wheelchair athlete Edith Hunkeler was born in Altishofen.