The Altmark Salzwedel is a district in the north-west of Saxony- Anhalt. Neighboring districts are in the north of Lower Saxony Lüchow- Dannenberg, in the eastern district of Stendal, in the south of the county Borde, in the west of Lower Saxony Gifhorn and also in the northwest of Lower Saxony Uelzen district.
- 4.1 Economics
- 4.2 traffic 4.2.1 road
- 4.2.2 rail
- 6.1 Management Communities
- 6.2 Amalgamations
- 6.3 municipality of start-ups
The Altmark Salzwedel comprises the western part of the Altmark countryside and is located in the north-west of Saxony-Anhalt as part of the North German Plain. Important waters are the rivers Jeetze and gentleness as well as the Arend. In the southeast, the circle has a stake in the Colbitz - Letzlinger Heath.
The landscape is mostly emerged in the last but one, the Saale ice age and thus belongs to the Altmoränenland. Large parts of the circle are dominated by flat to undulating ground moraine flat. Large parts of the low-lying ground moraines were buried by Urstromtalungen and form nearly flat table areas, which are now mostly vermoort. Today's rather small rivers fill the vast lowlands of imperfectly. Higher areas of the old moraines stand out (for example calf Escher Werder ) as island-shaped plates of the lowlands. Starting from the Colbitz - Letzlinger heath stretches further north in a north-westerly direction Endmoränenzug. There are the highest summits in the district. The Hellberge at Zichtau reach more than 160 m, the " Pistolsche Mountain" at Bonese 121 meters above sea level. NN. The land use is varied and consists of each about one-third of forest, meadows and arable land.
The Altmark Salzwedel is the most populated county in zweitdünnsten Germany. Sparsely populated, only the Prignitz district of Brandenburg.
The Altmark Salzwedel has emerged in the district reform in 1994 from the former counties Salzwedel, clogs and Guard Set, and part of the district Osterburg. The places Oebisfelde ( county blocks) and Calvörde ( county Gardelegen ) part of the then Ohrekreis were. The Altmark Salzwedel remained unchanged in the district reform in 2007.
District Administrator of the Altmark circle Salzwedel since July 2008 Michael Ziche ( CDU). He replaced Hans -Jurgen Ostermann (SPD).
(Result of the municipal elections of 7 June 2009 )
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 24 November 1994 by the Home Office.
Blazon: " Split and half shared by silver, gold and blue; the front of the gap, a red eagle with golden arms, rear upper upright blue lion with red tongue and reinforcement, rear lower a golden previously aldi shear anchor cross-shaped fitting. "
The red Brandenburg eagle symbolizes the centuries-old affiliation of the Altmark to Brandenburg, from which it was separated in 1807 by assignment to kingdoms Westphalen and 1816 to the newly formed Prussian province of Saxony. The Lüneburg lion in gold refers to the former membership of the office blocks of Brunswick- Lüneburg. 1815, the Office of Prussia was ceded and assigned to the province of Saxony. The vorheraldische anchor cruciform fitting was taken from that of Albert the Bear related to its sealing plate; he should remember the importance of Albrecht for the Altmark.
Colors of the county: Blue / Yellow
The coat of arms of the administration communities, cities and towns of the district can be found in the list of the coat of arms in the Altmark Salzwedel.
Economy and infrastructure
The Altmark Salzwedel is one of the less favored districts in Saxony- Anhalt. It is primarily characterized by agriculture. Around the Arendsee there are tourism (especially camping). In the area of the district town to exist alongside several medium-sized enterprises and service industries.
Federal roads are in north-south direction, the B 71 and B 248, in east-west direction, the B 188 and B is 190 planned the construction of a Altmark motorway ( A14) from Magdeburg to Schwerin Stendal and Osterburg ( Altmark), the directly east of the county boundary should run, and the expansion of the federal highway 190 to the Federal Highway 190n.
This area was quite late rail links. The Magdeburg- Halberstadt Railway Company reached in 1870 by Stendal forth the present district city of which it went in the direction of Uelzen 1873. Meanwhile Gardelegen had been connected to the route Stendal -Hannover in 1871.
At the turn of the twentieth century, Salzwedel became an important railway junction. A north - south route of the Prussian state railway that connected Dannenberg Oebisfelde, crossed here the mainline Berlin -Bremen; the south over Beetzendorf - blocks to Oebisfelde was established in 1889, the northern part about Lüchow by Dannenberg followed in 1891.
Also, two narrow-gauge light railways came from Salzwedel Neustadt. The trains of Salzwedel Kleinbahnen GmbH drove since 1900-1902 after this village and the small Salzwedel Railroad Company East GmbH after winter field. After their union in 1921, followed five years later, the conversion to standard gauge.
In winter field this small rail connection found on the 1899 opened, from East to West -leading range of small Bahn AG Bismark calbe - Beetzendorf. After extending it to this village in 1903, the endpoint of a Salzwedel narrow-gauge railway was also reached there. The line led from 1909 until Witt rings and received in 1911 a branch pipe of mountain after Zasenbeck, both endpoints located in the province of Hanover.
The company's name was changed several times and ran after fusion with in 1904 opened small Bahn AG Gardelegen - calbe since 1908 Klein Bahn AG Bismark Gardelegen -Witt rings.
The oldest narrow-gauge railway in the county was the Altmärkische small train GmbH which was built in 1897-1901 by pads on large Engersen - Lindstedt towards Vinzelberg on the main railway Magdeburg- Oebisfelde.
It had 750 mm to 1921/22, the track was then umgespurt half, but east decommissioned United Engersen. 1927, and the amalgamation with the small Bahn AG Bismark Gardelegen -Witt rings, which traded from now on as Altmärkische small Bahn AG.
Other sections of small railways reached the county area:
The opening of the railway line Salzwedel - Geestgottberg by the German Reichsbahn was formed in 1922, the end of railway construction in the district. At this time, first closures have already taken place. Nevertheless, the railway network reached a peak of over 400 km of trails. Of these, around three-quarters have now been set:
Important Railroads are today:
- The Berlin- Lehrter train from Hannover to Berlin (via Guard Set )
- The plane passing through the Altmark Stendal - Uelzen railway line (now on to Magdeburg )
Cities and Towns
( Population figures as at 31 December 2012)
Municipality Beetzendorf - Diesdorf * = Seat of the municipality
In the years since 1990 in the area of the Altmark circle Salzwedel as in the entire state of Saxony- Anhalt extensive territorial changes took place. From the district reform in Saxony -Anhalt in 2007, however, the county remained unaffected.
Of the original twelve -governing communities existed on 31 December 2008 six -governing communities. The number of municipalities was reduced from 125 to 119
- Resolution of the administrative community Salzwedel town, which consisted of Salzwedel and three other municipalities that were amalgamated to Salzwedel (1 January 2003 )
- Resolution of the administrative community Mieste and the administrative community Gardelegen country - education of the administrative community Southern Altmark from 26 municipalities of the dissolved VGEN (1 January 2005 )
- Resolution of the administrative community Beetzendorf and the administrative community Diesdorf - Dähre - formation of the joint management Beetzendorf - This village of 25 municipalities the resolved VGEN (1 January 2005 )
- Resolution of the administrative community Kalbe (Milde ) and the administrative community Arendsee / Altmark and environment - formation of the administrative community Arendsee - calving from 23 municipalities of the dissolved VG, including four communities from the dissolved Management Community Altmark center ( 1 January 2005)
- Resolution of the administrative community Jeetze - ear - Drömling - formation of the joint management blocks of 13 municipalities of the dissolved VG, including three communities from the formerly existing administrative community blocks ( 1 January 2005)
- Resolution of the administrative community Gardelegen city - formation of the unified community Gardelegen ( 1 July 2009)
- Resolution of the joint management blocks - Incorporation of the 12 member communities by blocks ( 1 January 2010)
- Resolution of the administrative community Beetzendorf - Diesdorf - Formation of community association Beetzendorf - This village from the eight municipalities Apenburg - Winterfeld, Beetzendorf, Dähre, this village, Jübar, Kuhfelde, pipe and mountain Wallstawe (1 January 2010 )
- Resolution of the administrative community Arendsee - Kalbe - formation of united communities Arendsee ( Altmark) and Kalbe (Milde ) ( 1 January 2010)
- Resolution of the administrative community Salzwedel Country - Incorporation three last remaining communities by Kalbe (Milde ) ( 1 January 2011)
- Resolution of the Management Community Southern Altmark - Incorporation of the 18 municipalities of the VG to Gardelegen (1 January 2011 )
- Resolution of the municipality Röwitz - incorporation to Kusey (1 August 2002)
- Resolution of the communities Brietz, Dambeck and Mahlsdorf - incorporation to Salzwedel (1 January 2003 )
- Resolution of the municipality Gischau - incorporation to Beetzendorf (1 January 2004 )
- Resolution of the municipality Stapp Beck - incorporation to Salzwedel (1 January 2005 )
- Resolution of the municipality Benckendorf - incorporation to Salzwedel (1 January 2009 )
- Resolution of the communities Altmersleben, Güssefeld, Kahrstedt, Neuendorf am Damm, Wernstedt and Winkelstedt - incorporation to Kalbe (Milde ) ( 1 January 2009)
- Resolution of the communities Bandau, Jeeben, Hohentramm, Mellin and Tangeln - incorporation to Beetzendorf (1 January 2009 )
- Resolution of the communities Algenstedt, mountains, Hemstedt, Kloster Neuendorf and Schenkenhorst - incorporation to Gardelegen ( 1 July 2009)
- Resolution of the communities Brunaupark, Engersen, Jeetze, Packebusch, Kakerbeck and Vienau - incorporation to Kalbe (Milde ) ( 1 January 2010)
- Resolution of the communities Chüden, Henningen, Small Gartz, Langenapel, Liesten, Osterwohle, Pretzier, Riebau, Seebenau and Tylsen - incorporation to Salzwedel (1 January 2010 )
- Resolution of the communities Doenitz, Immekath, Jahrstedt, Kunrau, Kusey, Neuendorf, Neuferchau, Ristedt, Schwiesau, Steimke and Wenze - incorporation to blocks ( 1 January 2010)
- Resolution of the municipality Neuekrug - incorporation to this village (1 January 2010 )
- Resolution of the municipalities binding, Höwisch, Kaulitz, Kerkau, Kläden, Kleinau, Leppin, newcomers, Sanne - Kerkuhn, Schrampe, Thielbeer and Ziemendorf - incorporation to Arendsee ( Altmark) (1 January 2010 )
- Resolution of the communities Jeseritz, Potzehne, Roxförde, Wannefeld, Wiepke and Zichtau - incorporation to Gardelegen (1 January 2010 )
- Resolution of the municipality Mehmke - incorporation to this village (1 September 2010)
- Resolution of the communities Wieblitz - Eversdorf and Steinitz - incorporation to Salzwedel (1 January 2011 )
- Resolution of the communities Mechau, Vissum, Rademin and Fleetmark - incorporation to Arendsee (Altmark ) ( 1 January 2011)
- Resolution of the communities Jeggeleben, Badel, and Zethlingen - incorporation to Kalbe (Milde ) ( 1 January 2011)
- Resolution of the communities Breitenfeld, Dannefeld, Estedt, Hottendorf, Jävenitz, Jeggau, Jerchel, Kassieck, Köckte Letzlingen, Lindstedt, Mieste, Miesterhorst, Peckfitz, Sachau, Seethen, Sichau and Solpke - incorporation to Gardelegen (1 January 2011 )
- Resolution of the communities Bonese, Dähre and Location Village - Start-up of the community Dähre (1 January 2009 )
- Resolution of the communities Ahlum, Bierstedt and pipe Mountain - Reestablishment of community tube Berg ( 1 January 2009)
- Resolution of the communities Altensalzwedel, Apenburg and winter field - Start-up of the patch Apenburg - Winterfeld ( 1 July 2009)
- Resolution of the communities Kuhfelde, Püggen and Siedenlangenbeck and Valfitz - Start-up of the community Kuhfelde ( 1 July 2009)
- Resolution of the communities Ellenberg, Gieseritz and Wallstawe - Start-up of the community Wallstawe ( 1 July 2009)
- Resolution of the communities Bornsen, Hanum, Jübar, Lüdelsen and Nettgau - Start-up of the community Jübar (1 January 2010 )
In Salzwedel, the Johann -Friedrich- Danneil Museum, named after the first archaeologist is the Altmark. A branch of the Museum is the Langobardenwerkstatt in Zethlingen. Together with the open-air museum, this village in the west of the Altmark circle make this the Community Museums in Altmark Salzwedel.
In the district still ostniederdeutsches Platt is spoken occasionally.
On 23 September 2008, the district received the loaned by the federal government entitled " City of Diversity".