Altschwendt is a small town in Upper Austria in Schärding district in Innviertel with 669 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013). The municipality is located in the judicial district Schärding.
Altschwendt is located on 432 m altitude in Innviertel. The expansion is 6.5 kilometers from north to south, from west to east 4 km away. The total area is 12.7 km ². 12.6% of the area is forested, 79.5 % of the area is used for agriculture.
Quarters are: Old Seng, Altschwendt, Danrath, FastHub, Hausmanning, Putzbach, Rödham, Rien, Urleinsberg, well- March.
Coat of arms
Blazon: Over blue, pulled- in tip sign foot in gold, a black, above twice each geasteter, floating rafters. The municipality colors are black and yellow-blue
Since the establishment of the Duchy of Bavaria, the place was Bavarian until 1779 and came to the Peace of Teschen with the Innviertel (then ' Innbaiern ') to Austria. During the Napoleonic Wars shortly Bavarian, it belongs since 1814 finally to Upper Austria. After the annexation of Austria to the German Reich on 13 March 1938, the town belonged to the " Upper Danube ". After 1945 the restoration of Upper Austria. By the end of 2002, the village belonged to the district court Raab, after its dissolution, she was assigned to the judicial district of Schärding.
Mayor Joseph is Söberl of the SPÖ.
In 1991 the community had 687 inhabitants according to the census, in 2001 then 678 inhabitants.
Culture and sights
- Franz Altmann (1885-1947), farmer and politician